Problems Running Star Raiders On Atari 800 Emulator

detnyre

Still Fresh
Hi,

I downloaded and installed the Atari 800 emulator, Star Raiders.atr and the rom files(ATARIBAS.ROM, ATARIOSB.ROM, ATARIXL.ROM) and placed them all on a /games/atari800 folder on my SD card.

The emulator starts up and I go to Disk Management.

From Disk Management I set D1 to /games/atari800/Star Raiders.atr.

Now I'm not sure what I should do from here - should I do a "Load Disk Set", or go back to the main menu and run one of the options there?

Any advise?

Derek

Easier way:

"Run Atari Program", navigate to the game, press A :D

As TelcoLou said, or...

Once you have selected your disk image press the left shoulder button until back to the main menu, then select reset from the menu and left shoulder again to return to the now reset atari with the selected disk in the drive.

With the real computer you would put the desired disk in the drive and reset the machine (hard/cold reset usually) and when the machine boots it loads the game. Same here.

Oh, don't forget to load the Star Raiders' keyboard map from the main menu too, makes playing SR much better IMHO.

Unfortunately its a bit more involved the first time.

If you've not installed by copying the supplied directory of ROMs then you'll need to edit the configuration file to match. Go to Emulator Configuration and set up all the ROM paths ("Final ROM/cfg in a directory" then point it to your dir of roms). Then "Save Configuration". Then Select System "OS/B". Then as Telcolou says...

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the info - I will do the steps outlined in the postings and see if I can get it running.

The emulator is working fine for Pitfall, but just did not like Star Raiders....

Derek

I completely removed how I had the emulator and setup the standard install.

I then copied the Star Raiders.atr and Star Raiders 2.atr files into the Disk Directory.

I then went into Emulator Configuration and configured all of the ROM directories and "Find ROM/cfg in a directory".

I saved the configuration file.

I then exited from the emulator, rebooted the GP2X and restarted the Atari 800 emulator.

I then went to Run Atari Program, selected Star Raiders.atr and I received the following error message:

------------------------------------
Unable to load input cfg, need
ui.men(UIMENU in cfg)

default.men(MENU in cfg)

Used built in defaults

Then I press select to continue and it takes me to a blue screen with

k
READY
------------------------------------

I then exited the emulator, restarted it, mounted the disk and did a warm reboot and received the same error.

Any suggestions on what is causing the disks to not load?

Any help is appreciated.

Derek

Back