problems with dvd to gp32

Sonic-NKT

hi,
i go for a long trip in a week or 2 and want to take The Lord of the Rings 2 with me, i have the dvd and want to rip it, ut there is a big problem...
when i finished ripping it, and play it with media player the sound dissapear after 7min or so.. no more sound then. I use DVDx, and tried 1.8 and 2.2...
the same on both versions :(, my system is win 2000, used w98 before and never had such problems with ripping before :(
so has it something to do with my system or perhaps the lotr2 dvd.... ripped sometime before Harry potter and Solaris, both under w98, and not so problems... i dont think its the dvd because the sound works in my movieplayer.

ok THANKs...

PS: hmm perhaps i take a small hd and install 98 on it again, just to test it.

BYE

If I remember correctly, you cannot rip LOTR either - I think the problems are due to the length of the film!? Maybe if you could encode it into two parts, it might work?

Use DVD decrypter and then Flask MPEG to convert the VOB's to Avi suitable for the GP32 or Vdub to be more sure that it's going to work.

DVD Decrypter always reports errors upon decrypting and Flask MPEG lets you test the audio track and check normalization/dolby settings etc.

Takes a while but that should do it. I've never had any problems with it before.

lol.... :D
it was my player who made the problems...
DVDx (1,8a) works perfekt, but i only used this one player to playback the movies, so i dident realise it :)

Just try it, its the best program for ripping i think... with lots of funktions...
now just have to convert it to 320x176 to play it fullspeed on gpcinema @ 150Mhz..

ok bye

Back