Professional Pandora?

yaffle

Still Fresh
Hi there,

As posted in the other forum:

While waiting for 2 Years now (I know, that's nothing :D ) , I was bored and scanning my linkedin network, and to my surprise there was no mention of the pandora anywhere.

Figuring that there must be a few people out there waiting like me, I took the liberty of creating an group: Pandora Handheld. So if you're on linkedin and want to show your professional support to the pandora, join!

See you there,

Yaffle

Wao, I haven't used LinkedIn in quite some time. :lol:

Question: how does one show support as a professional for Pandora? Tbh, I haven't used LinkedIn in so long that I don't even remember what kind of linking it does anymore lol.

Lol true... It's probably not something you want on your online professional profile unless you make games for a living or have something to do with that sector of business. :p

Well.... I think of it as showing my professional support for an open-source project, showing the world that it can be done...

Besides that I'll use my pandora for security demo's and development, not so much for gaming anyway.

Yaffle

As I said on the other boards :) I do not intend to show my future employers I was playing games during my PhD research :D

As I'm in my 7th year / working at the 3rd company as a employee (software engineer) I have to tell you:

- if someone made his PhD AND played games it showed that he had the skill to make time for work and playtime :)

- if someone won't hire you based on party pictures or your online activity -> believe me, you won't want to work there anyway...

We had the same discussion with our boss in the kitchen yesterday and he said, that the people always think companys don't evolve and it still "looks bad" if your soon-to-be-employer finds photos of you at a party or activities in a game forum (or anything related) online. But that is wrong, because someone who has almost no trace of activity online seems more like a unexciting person to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had the same discussion with our boss in the kitchen yesterday and he said, that the people always think companys don't evolve and it still "looks bad" if your soon-to-be-employer finds photos of you at a party or activities in a game forum (or anything related) online. But that is wrong, because someone who has almost no trace of activity online seems more like a unexciting person to him.
People always think that because it's mostly true, unfortunately. Some company do evolve and don't mind these things, but they are the exceptions, in my experience. And you can have traces of activity online that is not related to gaming ;)

People always think that because it's mostly true, unfortunately. Some company do evolve and don't mind these things, but they are the exceptions, in my experience. And you can have traces of activity online that is not related to gaming ;)

Yeah I know what you mean. But as dumb as it sounds - do we want it to stay like that?

The same applies to "unpaid overhours" and "working on weekends withouth compensation". If people take it as granted, companies won't change.

Back