"Propaganda" Anti-American North Korean Film

I Found The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone to be truly excellent viewing that really made me rethink a lot of my understanding of USA WW2 & post WW2 history. There is of course a bit of leftist spin, but a lot of his analysis appears to be spot on to me. 

The most intriguing part of the series to me was speculating how different the world could have been if Henry Wallace had become president instead of Truman.

Well worth a watch IMHO.

@ vcoleiro : thanks for the link I'll give that a watch some time soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite fact is the one we had to buy titanium from the USSR using shell companies to make our fast scout planes when one went down over the USSR things got interesting. Also they never mention how a downed Mitsubishi Zero was reversed engineered and changed the war. Or how the Kubelwagen out ran the willies jeeps and A lot of US military soldiers prefered German weapons since they worked better.
Yupp, I have seen this in a documentary. USA built the SRS-71 Blackbird out of russian Titanium to spy out the russians. Pure irony but actualy pretty well done. :D Do Americans at least know that basicly their entire space program was based on german WW2 technology (V2 rocket etc. ), including Wernher von Braun who was the lead of the Apollo program? von Braun was a fucking Nazi but that seemed not to matter much for the USA. USSR also imported alot of german WW2 tech to boost their arsenal, at least their leading rocket engineer was a very talented russian.

I Found The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone to be truly excellent viewing that really made me rethink a lot of my understanding of USA WW2 & post WW2 history. There is of course a bit of leftist spin, but a lot of his analysis appears to be spot on to me. 

The most intriguing part of the series to me was speculating how different the world could have been if Henry Wallace had become president instead of Truman.

Well worth a watch IMHO.

@ vcoleiro : thanks for the link I'll give that a watch some time soon :)
 I've seen the entire Oliver Stone documenary  in (german) TV, I'm actualy a doku-junkie. :) It was very interesting and yes, the part with Wallace made me think too. Of course there is always some speculation in these "if" scenarios. Oliver Stone made actualy a big mess with his "JFK" Movie (plain wrong conspiration theories that already known to be wrong like the "magic bullet" legend) but he still can make good Cinema and also documentaries.

Although, when it comes to North Korean propaganda movies, these are a particular favourite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrvIM1ENcbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-0XWmpwTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4e5b-5X_4

I can't even begin to fathom what kind of society it takes to stage this at the death of their dictator. Or, possibly, the society which makes its inhabitants actually believe their leader is some kind of secular living god.

or societies that carve monumental statues of their leaders/founder inside a mountain. can you even imagine what psychotic type of people would do such a thing?

And you have to watch Rambo 3 from todays view. Colonel Trautman says the russians can not win against the brave afghan Mujahedin (that's are basicly the Taliban today) :D
I always wondered if Rambo 3 is still shown in American TV.

Can some American here answer this?

...and this is how we in Sweden present ourselves...
This reminds me of an old "Hägar the horrible" comic strip, where he and his men are about to storm into battle, but need to decide what battlecry to use. Hägars idea "either we win or die" was quickly dismissed because it sounded too fatalistic, eventually they decided to go with "either we win or the next best possible alternative".
Yeah they really like to sweep that one under the rug.
Isn't that the case in every country just the topics vary ? I mean while the germans get told how horrible WW1,WW2, the Nazi regime,etc. were, the colonial era only gets a "quick look", which is a horrible thing to do as it would widen the understanding why the african continent is in the chaotic state it is nowadays and that most european countries are to blame for that.

I can't even begin to fathom what kind of society it takes to stage this at the death of their dictator. Or, possibly, the society which makes its inhabitants actually believe their leader is some kind of secular living god.
I don't think that a society takes the biggest part in that, man itself (or at least certain ethnic groups of that) provides everything thats needed - such a society just needs to push the buttons at the right time and create an environment for this inherent behavioural to "flourish". I recommend "Ordinary men" from Christopher Browning to get a glimpseinto the "abyss" - or to not get this too Europe centric, "The Act of Killing" from Oppenheimer.

Its just horrible to see what humans are capable of (or better how extremely inhuman humans can be) if the circumstances are right (and I guess I would not be an exception)

Back