"Propaganda" Anti-American North Korean Film

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
This is supposedly an Anti American Propaganda film made by North Korea, not sure if it was made in Nth Korea or in the west, but it is a great watch and a lot is scarily truthful.

One scene has thousands of people screaming and clapping as a guy walks out of a building.  Quote.  "Has this man broken a world record, perhaps he has discovered a medical break through. No, this man has just bought an iPhone".  Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ohCfS55zGME?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna watch this with a grain of Salt. I've looked through numerous sources in my search of historical documents. Some of the most amusing were soviet era news stories and accounts. You need to see biases and remove your own. Also remove emotion.  I've skimmed through parts of it and the massive corporate stuff is quite true, I've heard the term dualoplys used to describe most of them (think Pepsi and Coke) Propaganda is usually truth mixed with lies and using the emotions to drive both home. 

Yes history teachers detested me in school. :)   Try to remove biases of our democrates and republicans for this assignment.  Uses only BBC and british documents on the topic which never mention american politics. Teacher was not amused. :p  Not sure if i'm just a smartass, or smart. I still believe the soviets completed their goals after ww2 better then the US did.  The warsaw pact and the chinese-soviet treaty which is still standing today shows that.  :D  History can show a lot about the world if you look at it from a neutral scope. Everything's linked together and history will repeat itself. 

Many things are wrong with the "Western" institutions and way of life. But at least we have the possibility to talk about it and to share opinions about it and that's something you must never forget. 

Democracy doesn't bring happiness, democracy doesn't bring social justice, democracy doesn't bring prosperity. Democracy in many of our countries isn't even democracy anymore, but oligarchy. But democracy is still important, because democracy means that we have an ideal in which everyone matters and that nobody is more important than anyone else. I've found this talk on the topic very interesting.

But at least we have the possibility to talk about it and to share opinions about it and that's something you must never forget. 

Great an optimist who never tried to actually share his opinion. 

You can express your opinion without any problem: the OP video isn't blacklisted, you won't get in prison for sending a link to it or watching it. It might get ignored, but being able to express it in the first place is already more than can be done in many countries.

Last time i was expressing my opinion i had the police raiding my rooms just saying. 

It only matters WHAT opinion you want to share, yes you can share that videos above as noone gives a shit about that. 

Have in unpopular opinion one time and you see some trouble.

Those propaganda videos are one of the things all those dictatorships calling themselves communist states have in common and are made since TV is a thing.

This whole system wouldn't work without making nearly the whole population to believe the same, although it's not so different in western states like mine, just not as bad (still bad).

Last time i was expressing my opinion i had the police raiding my rooms just saying.
I'm really sorry to hear that, I can imagine constant paranoia is a certain result after such an event.

Were you one of the poor protesters in Stuttgart?

What happened there and in the early morning when they raided hundreds of homes only because somebody was living there that was only present (and filmed) at a demonstration about S21 was terrible and made me question my opinion about the potential neccessity of true civil war instead of peaceful protests in western states.

Nono it was nothing at all like that, in fact i dont even know what happened.

But i was in curt for "disturbing public peace" WITHOUT every finding out what i did.

I am not political active or something, it was just a teacher reporting one of my comments to the headmaster who in return reported to police and they decided to search my rooms.

Based upon that police raid the public prosecutor charged me guilty for disturbing public peace without telling me why.

There is a slight difference in having right an getting right.

My judge was a young lady that just followed the prosecutors orders without having a brain of her own.

Oh and the prosecutor was an a crusade against any youth in the world.

The great joke behind that was that i met an old school friend on that day in that rooms judged guilty by the same persons.

That conversation:

„So i was driving on pott and what did you do?”

„Disturbing public peace“

„So just being yourself?”

Basicly every North Korean Film is Propaganda and AFAIK they always have the same theme: how awesome their own Country is and how evil the rest of the world. Hm, now that I write this It sounds like every Tom Clancy novel/movie may be propaganda too...  :blink:

Yes history teachers detested me in school. :)   Try to remove biases of our democrates and republicans for this assignment.  Uses only BBC and british documents on the topic which never mention american politics. Teacher was not amused.

I sometimes wonder what other kids learn about their country in history education.  I fear it's not that self-critical like here in germany (we learn we messed up in the past). It can be dangerous if they only teach children how great their country is while hiding al lthe bad things these countries also did. Russia and USA may not be that different when it comes to patriotism/nationalism. And both can be very dangerous if people don't learn from history.

As a foreigner living in the USA, i fear most locals here don't see this, but the USA is the most war hungry, army propaganda, with constant advertisements no matter where you go, countries I've ever lived in, and I'm from the war ridden country of Bosnia. I've never seen or heard the military going to high schools to draft young kids into the army with a contract and then legally criminalize them when they decide they made a mistake and want to get out of their contract and army until I came here.. The way the military advertises war on TV to make it look like you'll be a hero and a national icon to children is mind numbing. The amount of talk of how "America is #1" is beyond what I can ever imagine North Korea could possibly try to portray. 

Basicly every North Korean Film is Propaganda and AFAIK they always have the same theme: how awesome their own Country is and how evil the rest of the world. Hm, now that I write this It sounds like every Tom Clancy novel/movie may be propaganda too... :blink:

Yes history teachers detested me in school. :) Try to remove biases of our democrates and republicans for this assignment. Uses only BBC and british documents on the topic which never mention american politics. Teacher was not amused.
I sometimes wonder what other kids learn about their country in history education. I fear it's not that self-critical like here in germany (we learn we messed up in the past). It can be dangerous if they only teach children how great their country is while hiding al lthe bad things these countries also did. Russia and USA may not be that different when it comes to patriotism/nationalism. And both can be very dangerous if people don't learn from history.
Cuban missile crisis lesson they made it seem like the USSR just was being evil and placed missiles in Cuba. Yet our missiles we placed in Turkey aimmed directly at Moscow had little to do with it. Nearly started a revolt against the teacher with me bringing that one up in class. The teacher thought I was a communist since I own and wear a 1980's USSR parade great coat. Best coat I've ever had feels like you're being hugged when you wear it. The teacher taught what was in the text books and had open debates.He thought I was a communist since I usually countered a lot of things. I answered the USSR in one question and he smirked and asked what I thought of communism I told him it was a flawed system that only works on paper due to it going against human nature, and could never truly work in practice. He looked so confused.

I've had a morbid curiosity with the USSR ever since I was young, not because communism but because They're evil. They're our enemy yet they never quite explained why.

I like seeing both sides of a story.

Most American text books can be summarized in one way. Great depression. Five pages. Watergate scandal 34 WW1 a paragraph WW2 3 chapters of how we saved the world. Yet you'd never hear about Japan attacking China or booming Darwin or how Australia lost a good chunk of their female population to American soldiers due to them having a depression and they came with gifts. Historys awesome when you get both sides of the story unromanticized

Also you never hear about the people who were placed in American containment camps during WW2 because they were Asian or Japanese descendants.... Yeah they really like to sweep that one under the rug.

Why history? The US still sees russia as the enemy.

Just have a look at GLONASS, they made an contract allowing the US to set up GPS bases in russia and in return russia to set up GLONASS bases in US.

Guess who fucked up that contract?

As a foreigner living in the USA, i fear most locals here don't see this, but the USA is the most war hungry, army propaganda, with constant advertisements no matter where you go, countries I've ever lived in, and I'm from the war ridden country of Bosnia. I've never seen or heard the military going to high schools to draft young kids into the army with a contract and then legally criminalize them when they decide they made a mistake and want to get out of their contract and army until I came here.. The way the military advertises war on TV to make it look like you'll be a hero and a national icon to children is mind numbing. The amount of talk of how "America is #1" is beyond what I can ever imagine North Korea could possibly try to portray.
Propaganda seems to be everywhere. Well, at least it looks shiny and polished in the USA. I also must say I like US Action movies, even some from Michael "waving US flag" Bay. ^^" And you have to watch Rambo 3 from todays view. Colonel Trautman says the russians can not win against the brave afghan Mujahedin (that's are basicly the Taliban today) :D

Cuban missile crisis lesson they made it seem like the USSR just was being evil and placed missiles in Cuba. Yet our missiles we placed in Turkey aimmed directly at Moscow had little to do with it.
They leave out THAT "detail"? :-||" I mean, everyone should know that the reason why USSR wanted to transfer their missles to Cuba was the fact that USA placed their missles in Turkey earlier. And AFAIK USA and NATO had their stuff much closer to the USSR than vice versa. Should be not forgotten from a neutral point of view.

Propaganda seems to be everywhere. Well, at least it looks shiny and polished in the USA. I also must say I like US Action movies, even some from Michael "waving US flag" Bay. ^^" And you have to watch Rambo 3 from todays view. Colonel Trautman says the russians can not win against the brave afghan Mujahedin (that's are basicly the Taliban today) :D
Cuban missile crisis lesson they made it seem like the USSR just was being evil and placed missiles in Cuba. Yet our missiles we placed in Turkey aimmed directly at Moscow had little to do with it.
They leave out THAT "detail"? :-||" I mean, everyone should know that the reason why USSR wanted to transfer their missles to Cuba was the fact that USA placed their missles in Turkey earlier. And AFAIK USA and NATO had their stuff much closer to the USSR than vice versa. Should be not forgotten from a neutral point of view.
They don't leave it out. They never mention our transgressions againist Russia. My favourite fact is the one we had to buy titanium from the USSR using shell companies to make our fast scout planes when one went down over the USSR things got interesting. Also they never mention how a downed Mitsubishi Zero was reversed engineered and changed the war. Or how the Kubelwagen out ran the willies jeeps and A lot of US military soldiers prefered German weapons since they worked better.

A family friend had a uncle who was an engineer in WW2 he actually use to use the German parts to repair things. A panzer could take out two Sherman's but it's the third one that gets it. From what I've seen and heard from Actual people and accounts we basically Zerg rushing comes to mind

The Vietnam war they focus on the protesting basically vilifying the soldiers yet at the same time glorifying the war. Our focus on military is absurd yet we seem to sweep the issues the returning soldiers face under the rug.

Our society is an entirely fear based society fueled by knee jerk reactions and jumpscares. Go to any US airport and you'll see what I mean. When I went to aussy land their airports were very nice and the T/a people didn't make you take off your shoes and treat you like a criminal. I felt more free in my one month stay in aussy land then I did here. Also aussy land banned GMO in foods. Soda there used sugar cane. I felt much healthier in Australia then I do here.

Me and my fiancee want out of this country she wants to go to Sweden. I'd be okay with that, people say the taxes are high but from working a minimal wage job and seeing two days out of a week's salary go to uncle Sam(I don't have a house or anything so that's the only taxes I get, its still cringe worthy)

I may seem unamerican. But honestly this country is nowhere close to being free. Our media's a puppet show, our politicians don't even attempt to care for the people, unless said people keep them in office. And don't get me started on the Economic Fustercluck that is our economy. Theres people here who truly believe we could and should go to war with Russia and China. They claim China needs us. I really doubt the Drug dealer needs the crack whore. China trade embargoes us.. well you don't have to check labels to know how'd that go down. Its scary.

The teacher thought I was a communist since I own and wear a 1980's USSR parade great coat. Best coat I've ever had feels like you're being hugged when you wear it.
You should try getting your hands on a good old Ushanka winter hat. These things will hug your head like a friendly, fluffy, compleatly demostic and non-leathal headcrab.

Though the majority of the "classic" looking one's are mostly souvenirs for tourists (common in central and eastern europe countries), i think most of them can also do the trick.

The teacher thought I was a communist since I own and wear a 1980's USSR parade great coat. Best coat I've ever had feels like you're being hugged when you wear it.
You should try getting your hands on a good old Ushanka winter hat. These things will hug your head like a friendly, fluffy, compleatly demostic and non-leathal headcrab.

Though the majority of the "classic" looking one's are mostly souvenirs for tourists (common in central and eastern europe countries), i think most of them can also do the trick.
I got one. My fiancee has it now and wears it daily. Its the green military type with the faux fur. I would love to get a set of the mink trigger mittens though. I collect a lot of east bloc stuff due it's oddity I have a few Russian mechanical watche. They're quite nice.

I also have a mosin nagant rifle. It was made in 1943 and is a lovely piece of history. I enjoy historical things probably why I'm a steampunk who collects vintage literature. I still do adore the archaic spellings of the turn of the century. Its amazing how rapidly our society changed in a period of. Fourty years.

Back