Proud new owner

txerren

Still Fresh
Hey everyone;

It´s been a while since I got my Pandora (about three months now) and I must say that even though I was pretty amazed by what its concept and theoretical capabilities, it has exceeded all my (pretty high) expectations. In a few words, it´s the open source handheld that I always wanted (and I have had the gp32, the wiz and the caanoo).

And about the scene, well,it´s just fantastically vibrant, even though I don´t understand half of what you people are talking about the  great part of the time :D

Right now I´m playing Strikers 1945 and Castlevania for PS1 and Alone in the Dark for DOS, as well as some SNES. Oh, and I love to be able to use both stylus AND nubs for the SCUMM games!

So far, my only worry is that the minimum volume is just too high to use it in public. I just disable sound or use headphones (which still are too loud to my taste) , or have to wait until to arrive to a private place. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated ;)

That said, it is THE handheld/smallestlaptop/whateveryoucallit in the world. Great machine. Great community.

Glad to be here.

cheers, :D

txerren

Welcome :)

You can put the software volume sliders down and reduce the volume with the volumewheel.

Should make for some pretty low volume :)

Perhaps there's a way to bypass the software volume control?

If I remember correctly, Software using OSS are not influence by software volume, only hardware one. Software using ALSA are ok.

(I tend to used OSS in my PND? because ALSA was consuming to much CPU to my taste. But with the latest optim by Notaz, I will probably change that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your volume wheel working? Does it not reduce the volume to zero? It should do if it is working correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nay, it does slightly reduce the volume, but never to zero.

If I tinker with the xfce volume sliders it does also does reduce the volume (in some emulators, surprisingly not in all of them), but the overall result is still too loud.

In the other side, I have an excellent and stylich boombox in my pocket :D I´m the envy in tha neighborhood :D

Nay, it does slightly reduce the volume, but never to zero.

If I tinker with the xfce volume sliders it does also does reduce the volume (in some emulators, surprisingly not in all of them), but the overall result is still too loud.

In the other side, I have an excellent and stylich boombox in my pocket :D I´m the envy in tha neighborhood :D
Sounds like a hardware issue with the volume wheel to me.

Has it always behaved this way?

Before you raise an RMA / support ticket or return your Pandora for repairs it's still worth a reflash of the firmware just in case there is a software issue.

Good luck & welcome aboard the good ship Pandora.  :)

Back