Ps2 Internet Problems

p j

Walk into the Shadows, Step from the Light
Website
Visit site
hell0

after recieving my ps2 network kit thru the post today i decided to do some fiddleing. i poped down to my nearest PC WORLDtm and bought an ethernet cable as described in the instructions. when i got home i realised that i had a usb modem :( and that i would requre a router to get my self connected. is there possibly any other way that is less expencive for me to be able to play my network games online, im thinking about sueing wanaoo as in the brochure with the modem i recieved with my broadband package it clearly states "go online and play with others using your new wanadoo broadband", do i have a case? :p

Peace out

paul

Hiya,

You should be able to do what i do with my x box. Plug the ethernet cable from your pc to your ps2 and enable connection sharing in internet options it works for me.

Simon

PS Doing this you need to keep your PC on whilst using PS2 on internet

Nova posted on Feb 6 2005 at 12:37 PM said:
hi

@ gobie73, can you give me a little step through thing :) pweeze?
Hiya,

All I have to do is plug in the cross-over ethernet cable from my pc to my x-box (ps2 in your case) and I had to tinker with the network settings (put connection sharing on i think). If you google search for this you should find it or alternatively go to the main xbox site and it tells you how to change the connection sharing in there.

gobie73

Last edited by a moderator:
gobie73 posted on Feb 6 2005 at 12:54 PM said:
Nova posted on Feb 6 2005 at 12:37 PM said:
hi

@ gobie73, can you give me a little step through thing  :) pweeze?
Hiya,

All I have to do is plug in the cross-over ethernet cable from my pc to my x-box (ps2 in your case) and I had to tinker with the network settings (put connection sharing on i think). If you google search for this you should find it or alternatively go to the main xbox site and it tells you how to change the connection sharing in there.

gobie73

cool thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Try google next time, there are very detailed guides on playstation.com.

And get a router, for gods sake.

Back