Psp 3000 Acting Up

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
All of a sudden, my PSP 3000 has started acting up. For some reason, while I'm playing Ape Escape: On The Loose from a UMD without any plugins enabled, the home menu keeps popping up as it does when you eject the disc. It's so frequent now that it seriously interferes with my game-play. It often happens multiple times in rapid succession. I just bought the game last weekend, and the PSP is only a few months old.

Have you tried contacting Cthulu, erm, $ony about this matter?

Com64 said:
All of a sudden, my PSP 3000 has started acting up. For some reason, while I'm playing Ape Escape: On The Loose from a UMD without any plugins enabled, the home menu keeps popping up as it does when you eject the disc. It's so frequent now that it seriously interferes with my game-play. It often happens multiple times in rapid succession. I just bought the game last weekend, and the PSP is only a few months old.
Does it happen in any other game? Does the disc look damaged in any other way?

If it happens with other stuff, I'm guessing it's your PSP. Give Sony a ring and they should sort it out. There's no point opening the thing if it's still under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity said:
Com64 said:

If it happens with other stuff, I'm guessing it's your PSP. Give Sony a ring and they should sort it out. There's no point opening the thing if it's still under warranty.
I don't have any other discs with me right now since I'm on holiday, but it doesn't seem to happen with PS games. Maybe I should contact the Japanese company who invented the walkman about it. I don't have my proof-of-purchase with me right now, though.

It only started recently. I don't remember it happening with my Korean copy of Tekken or Modnation Racers. This will be the second time I return a PSP for a replacement! If they do replace it, I don't want to lose homebrew functionality or PS games like I did when I had my last replacement.

Com64 said:
Goity said:
Com64 said:

I don't have any other discs with me right now since I'm on holiday, but it doesn't seem to happen with PS games. Maybe I should contact the Japanese company who invented the walkman about it. I don't have my proof-of-purchase with me right now, though.

It only started recently. I don't remember it happening with my Korean copy of Tekken or Modnation Racers. This will be the second time I return a PSP for a replacement! If they do replace it, I don't want to lose homebrew functionality or PS games like I did when I had my last replacement.
Well, if it's the disc's fault, and you're on CFW, just rip it and stick it on your memory stick. If it's not, then ring up Sony.
Hell, seeing as you're on holiday now, rip it anyway, so you can continue playing.

Goity said:
Com64 said:
Goity said:
Com64 said:

Well, if it's the disc's fault, and you're on CFW, just rip it and stick it on your memory stick. If it's not, then ring up Sony.
Hell, seeing as you're on holiday now, rip it anyway, so you can continue playing.
It's a game that does NOT work when loaded from backup... I'm using permanent 6.20 TN-D, so that's not an option.

I sent Sony an email about it. I hope they even respond. I once sent HP an email about a computer hardware problem I was having, and they never answered, probably because my email was the length of a three-page essay.

Com64 said:
Goity said:
Com64 said:
Goity said:
Com64 said:

It's a game that does NOT work when loaded from backup... I'm using permanent 6.20 TN-D, so that's not an option.

I sent Sony an email about it. I hope they even respond. I once sent HP an email about a computer hardware problem I was having, and they never answered, probably because my email was the length of a three-page essay.

You're probably best ringing them, but only once you've worked out the cause of the problem.

Goity said:
You're probably best ringing them, but only once you've worked out the cause of the problem.
I was thinking of bringing it down to a nearby SonyStyle store.

EDIT:

I tried to call, but they put me on hold. I'll have to call tomorrow morning when they aren't as busy; I have things to do.

EDIT 2:

Well, I called during breakfast, and the lady on the phone told me that I'll have to send it over for repair or replacement. I'm lucky to have an easy-to-spell name because I had to go over my address four times before she got it right. I had to go over my postal code 5 times. I wonder if I should remove permanent 6.20 TN-D from my PSP before I send it?

Anyway, that call reminded me of how annoying/weird American accents can sound.

Yeah, get rid of any CFW/personally identifiable info/fingerprints. This is Sony you're dealing with.

Yeah definitely remove it. I doubt it really matters, but just to be on the safe side. You should really try it with another UMD first though.

Goity said:
Yeah definitely remove it. I doubt it really matters, but just to be on the safe side. You should really try it with another UMD first though.
Yeah... I'm going back home tonight, so I'll get the change chance to try another one out.

Edit: typo

Back