Psp Firmware

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
Morning,

I havn't touched my psp for some time now, about five months. I thought I might get to grips with it again now and wondered if any of you could tell me the best firmware to use.

Its currently running 3.02oe-b, but I think there has been several improvements since then.

I have tried to look myself on psp forums and the like, but they are all so confusing :huh:

Thanks in advance of any advise :)

3.40 oe is the newest and last custom firmware.

dark alex has quit now boohoo, But what with the wealth of stuff to play its not that bad.

sensible GP32 said:
dark alex has quit now boohoo
That's a shame, he has done some fantastic work. Has he just had enough or is there some sort of Sony envolvement?

I will have a look at 3.40 oe then, can I go straight to that from mine?

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY SHIT!!! HE STOPPED WTF!?
NOOoooo! :(
this must have gone up over night!
:(
shit.. shit.. shit..
(seriously my luck sucks, I was throwing up all weekend, then I am late because a train pulled in front of me, now no more D_X!? this is terrible, just terrible)

FUCK YOU SONY!

I’ve lost two family members this year because of cancer, one of them last week, and the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confussion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com.
PSP programming and reverse engineering used to be fun. It was a hobby that distracted my mind of the darkness of life,
it was funny to understand the code of an operating system made by a big company.

But lammers attacking me and using my name to commit CRIMINAL ACTS in the worst moment of my life,
is far from my idea of funny.

I don’t feel secure anymore in the net. I don’t feel my computer secure.
Because of this, I’m considering to stop any psp development.

Fishbong said:
I’ve lost two family members this year because of cancer, one of them last week, and the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confussion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com.
PSP programming and reverse engineering used to be fun. It was a hobby that distracted my mind of the darkness of life,
it was funny to understand the code of an operating system made by a big company.

But lammers attacking me and using my name to commit CRIMINAL ACTS in the worst moment of my life,
is far from my idea of funny.

I don’t feel secure anymore in the net. I don’t feel my computer secure.
Because of this, I’m considering to stop any psp development.
good speculation (?)

Right then, I now running 3.40 oe a :D

There are two games I really want to play Tomb Raider 1 and Starwars The Phantom Menace.

I have looked at some compatability lists and they say Tomb Raider works, but im buggered if I can get it to run. I assume its because I have the PAL version, before I go and buy the NTCS one, could someone please tell me if it definatly works?

Also I can't find The Phantom Menace on any compatibilty list, it seems to get stuck on the options screen, does anybody know if the American version of this works?

I have patched them using PSX2PSP v.0.6.2

Cheers :)

Ravnos said:
God damn it, this sucks balls. His firmwares were the only reason to buy a PSP.
And there's nothing stopping you from using them, there just won't be any more.

Orkie said:
Ravnos said:
God damn it, this sucks balls. His firmwares were the only reason to buy a PSP.
And there's nothing stopping you from using them, there just won't be any more.

I know there's nothing stopping me from using them, but that last part is what sucks.

I hate syphoning info from PSP sites, so can anyone tell me if it is possible to downgrade using Lumines yet?

dosteridge said:
Right then, I now running 3.40 oe a :D

There are two games I really want to play Tomb Raider 1 and Starwars The Phantom Menace.

I have looked at some compatability lists and they say Tomb Raider works, but im buggered if I can get it to run. I assume its because I have the PAL version, before I go and buy the NTCS one, could someone please tell me if it definatly works?

Also I can't find The Phantom Menace on any compatibilty list, it seems to get stuck on the options screen, does anybody know if the American version of this works?

I have patched them using PSX2PSP v.0.6.2

Cheers :)
Try this converter:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/994

EDIT: BTW, it has PAL hacks, just in case your iso is a PAL game.

@Nova: is that a joke? ;)

OMars said:
@Nova: is that a joke? ;)
Um... no, why?

Anyway, never mind, I got my answer, there's a good video on youtube telling me how to do it with Lumines. Nice an' easy!

Back