Psp Movie Converter

Steve-O

I want to converte some videos to put on my PSP... anyone got a Guide?? :D

Thanks

Wait are you suggesting using Sorenson to reduce the size of a video after running it through PSPvideo9? because for one thing that's like a 200 dollar program which probably should already do with PSPvideo9 does and for another thing...what kinda size reduction would you get if that IS what you're talking about doing?

ah PSPVideo9... I installed that yesterday but It said could not locate PSP and I was a little worried about connecting my PSP to it if it could have been dodgy software, But Im guessing its safe to use if you and others are using it :) :D

will try it tomorrow... will it allow me to fit a southpark episode onto the 32mb stick??

yeah I never understood why it didnt see the PSP at first but it catches on with some coaxing. A standated 24 minute anime was like 50mb in my last attempt but maybe you have lower standards for video and sound quality.

alpha, i got the software cuz of my connections. it isnt important how to get it, as many have photoshop but do they pay for the program?? HELLZ NO

if you compress and then convert the video, it reduces the size of the file and then switches it to mpeg4. Yes, thats how I do it (as do many friends). I dont understand what the big deal it.....

@stevo: pspvideo9 is awesome. MANY use it, so dont worry :). as for fitting a SP episode, i really dunno. i have a 1gig chip so i dont worry too much about sizes anymore. I suggest once you aquainte yourself with using the software and become familiar with it, you invest in a 1gb chip :)

Yeah, true. Photoshop is like a Pen, no actually buys them you just sorta find them laying around.

So you'd compress with thie program first and THEN use PSPvideo9? I'd really like to know the size and qualities you're getting with this method.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 8 2005 at 08:39 PM said:
Yeah, true. Photoshop is like a Pen, no actually buys them you just sorta find them laying around.

So you'd compress with thie program first and THEN use PSPvideo9? I'd really like to know the size and qualities you're getting with this method.
well, to be frank, does a slight change in quality matter when you throw a movie or tv show onto the psp? not really. therefore, the quality isnt "OMFG THIS IS SUPERB OMFG YES YES CINEMA QUALITY!!!", nor is it "OMFG THIS IS THE PITS EWW EWW DISGUSTING GROSS!!. It's decent, and it gets the job done, ESPECIALLY when your in a hurry for a road trip or something. The quality is pretty good, all kidding aside.

To be completly honest, i invested in a 1gb chip and i really have only used it a few times. I dont travel much, and i always find something else to do, so the chip doesnt get the most use ;)

plus my psp has been sitting in it's theater experience with midnight club in it for weeks now. ive been obsessing with my gp32_console

edit: oh and i think your analogy of what photoshop is is perfect. i plan on using it in many future conversations :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you can thank a friend of mine for that analogy, he has a way with worlds. :lol:

By quality I just mean like frame rate and bit rate info, since I usually just convert anime perfect quality isnt a huge issue for that. The size and clarity of the PSPs screen and the limited changes in the screen pallet from frame to frame usually makes up for the artifacts you get from conversion.

Back