Psp

GP32BLU166

Still Fresh
Found this artical about the PSP herehttp://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=137774

Listen here, noob! This board has various categories, NOT just General Talk. So if you want to write something about other consoles, then post into the other consoles category. (it isn´t that hard). <_<

people can talk all they want about how it sucks, but it doesn't. the guy's main points were that the bat life is weak, the system's fragility, proprietary issues blah blah...
well, the system is pretty fragile, and i do hope that it'll get more durable over time, but it's not so fragile to the point where it's hopeless. the price isn't too bad, and it is a gaming machine first so the arguments about 'get an ipod or portable media player instead' are weak. no one bought this system for mp3 playback!
blah blah blah..

edit: this is pointless! the guy hasn't even played one, hah. talking about the potential for heat issues, haaaaaaaaa

ps. i'm in the lab at school and i just saw a roach running across the tables! damn

White Demon posted on Mar 31 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
And your point is?

I'm surprised bast hasn't seen this thread yet. Watch out when he does....

*smirk* I'm not even gonna bother to read the article... what consequence is it to me? *I* already know the PSP kicks ass and is the best handheld system I have ever owned... and obviously many others here feel the same. what do I (or any of us?) care if someone bothers to write some bad 'review' especially if it's baseless oppinions from someone who's never even owned or played one? I wont bother to waste my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
bast525 posted on Mar 31 2005 at 07:35 PM said:
White Demon posted on Mar 31 2005 at 01:39 PM said:
And your point is?

I'm surprised bast hasn't seen this thread yet. Watch out when he does....

*smirk* I'm not even gonna bother to read the article... what consequence is it to me? *I* already know the PSP kicks ass and is the best handheld system I have ever owned... and obviously many others here feel the same. what do I (or any of us?) care if someone bothers to write some bad 'review' especially if it's baseless oppinions from someone who's never even owned or played one? I wont bother to waste my time.

Worlds shortest post from bast. :eek: :p

Are you feeling ok! :lol:

Trooper

nah you missed my record short post yesterday at like one line... oh wait see here I did it again!

Funny thing is that article was made last year in november... was there even psp out then?

Seems kinda pointless to even post that article at all as it is outdated and all 7 of that guys faults with the psp are false.

I own the PSP, and I can't say that I really love it. I just don't. The games I got (Lumines and Wipeout Pure) were disappointing, although mildly entertaining, the battery life actually is very weak, and it's so fragile that I barely consider it portable. I'm not exactly anticipating any new titles, but I hope some massive RPG or something is released for it. Right now, the games are just rehashed and boring. I could have played all of these games in a similar or identicle fashion on another platform.

mechanori posted on Mar 31 2005 at 10:14 PM said:
I own the PSP, and I can't say that I really love it. I just don't. The games I got (Lumines and Wipeout Pure) were disappointing, although mildly entertaining, the battery life actually is very weak, and it's so fragile that I barely consider it portable. I'm not exactly anticipating any new titles, but I hope some massive RPG or something is released for it. Right now, the games are just rehashed and boring. I could have played all of these games in a similar or identicle fashion on another platform.

man, it's not that fragile, hehe, but i do wish it was like my gba(thing took a beating all the time but took it like a soldier).
and yeah, the bat life is weak, but it's at least good enough for me since i play in short bursts ;)
also, what were you expecting from lumines or wipeout? they both lived up to the hype -good racer, -good puzzler. but if you're looking for a uniqueish game check out mgacid if you're into strategy and like the metal gear universe.

I own a PSP, It's not fragile in the least. I bet if you dropped ANY console or hand held on the floor it would break.

The buttons feel as good as my PS2 controller, which I have had for two years and still going strong.

The UMD is truly a revolution. Why would anyone go back to cartridges after optical media.

The audio on the PSP it kewl too. Amazing design too, it has two little speakers situated at the bottom of the unit, when playing games your hands kind of act like speaker cones directing the sound to you, way cool!

Battery life for me lasts about 4 to 5 hours when playing Ridge Racers. And I can play it while charging too. I can also charge it via a USB cable at work. It's too easy to use it's unbelievable.

I still can't wait for the Firmware update that has the web browser etc contained. I have had one network update already that has fixed the slight problem with sleep mode. It downloaded to the Memory stick and installed with no problems. Sony have thought about this and it really works.

Thumbs and knees up for PSP from me....

LOL don't get me started, though I wont read the "article" :rolleyes: Hey I found this one about the DS, ah never mind :p Hang on I claim that this thread sucks! :D

Oh i get it was this an april fools joke? :blink: I get it :huh: :lol:

Edit Hang on heres another one ;) "article" claims PSP Rocks! http://www.gbax.com/pspreview.html

I win I win :lol: :rolleyes: <_<

mechanori posted on Apr 1 2005 at 08:14 AM said:
You say you don't like the PSP with no reason why and than you say you don't like the games. Well stiff shit, I like the games and have bought 8 titles so far. Rehashed and boring? If you were talking about Ridge Racer I would agree but otherwise I disagree completely.

Battery life? Hm I don't play for more than 2 hours away from an AC adapter point. I don't get where people play for 5 hours straight with no power point to charge their batteries?? Oh and its got a removable battery. Surprise! you can buy another one, just like almost every handheld which requires you to buy spare batteries, Shock horror!

Fragile????? Man I'm starting to think you don't actually have a PSP nor ever played one before.

Price not competitive against DS.
Its supposed to be better AND cheaper than the DS? :blink: :huh:

...Sometimes I think there aren't ANY Apple fanboys with their heads on straight.

I have a PSP and like it alot. If there was any complaint that I have it would be the slow refresh of the LCD. You get dark colors that smear and leave trails and it gets annoying. Other than that it rocks.

People need to stop complaining about the battery life already... as I stated in another thread of mine, it would seem that the US versions may actually come with an improved battery or some other trick that has extended battery life. Though the batteries from the Japanese and the US ones have all been marked exactly the same.

I just tested my US unit last night with a full charge and got nearly SEVEN hours of play time playing Lumines, MGA, and Wipeout Pure, on lowest or medium brightness, volume almost at full with no headphones. Seven hours, IMO, is not bad at all, is only a couple hours less than my GBA SP would get, and is more than my or my wife's DS's get.

And anyways, for $20 you can get that pelican external battery (the "Power Brick") with will TRIPPLE the amount of time you can play between charges.

Back