Psx And Xcom

sindrome

Still Fresh
Ive just converted my playstation 1 version of XCOM TERROR FROM THE DEEP into a bin file and cant seem to get it to work with the PSX4GP2X on my F200 GP2X. It gets as far as when i mount the image it flashes up LOAD SUCCESS then hangs on a black screen.

Im actually very new to using this emulator (use MAME, SNES and Spectrum mainly!) so maybe im missing something obvious.......

Does anyone else have this game working on a GP2X or am i the only one?!?!

Many thanks for any help at all!

I don't know about TFTD, but the original XCOM game wouldn't run on any of my pc PSX emulators. I own the original disc and no matter what settings I used, I couldn't play it (unlike every other PS1 game I own).

I think this is more likely a game issue than an emulaotr issue, although I don't really know.

I got my copy of XCOM UFO working without any problems at all. I did get rid of the videos to reduce the size of the image, but otherwise, it was unchanged. Worked out to around 20MB for the whole thing. It's pretty fast too, the only slow part being the planet rotation on the global screen. The hard part is getting used to the controls of the game, especially if you're used to using a mouse to do everything.

It's too bad you won't have any luck with the DOS version through dosbox because of that whole no-mouse-support thing. It would be fantastic to play xcom ufo with the touchscreen.

Schmidget said:
It's too bad you won't have any luck with the DOS version through dosbox because of that whole no-mouse-support thing. It would be fantastic to play xcom ufo with the touchscreen.
dosbox is way too slow to even think about playing xcom, you probally could get a mouse to work through a bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schmidget said:
I got my copy of XCOM UFO working without any problems at all. I did get rid of the videos to reduce the size of the image, but otherwise, it was unchanged. Worked out to around 20MB for the whole thing. It's pretty fast too, the only slow part being the planet rotation on the global screen. The hard part is getting used to the controls of the game, especially if you're used to using a mouse to do everything.

How did you manage to get rid of all the videos? Maybe i could try this with the TFTD <_<

....also agree that XCOM with the touchscreen would be awesome, a game which would fit sweet!

Is there a list of PS1 games that work with PSX4GP2X?

sindrome said:
Schmidget said:

How did you manage to get rid of all the videos? Maybe i could try this with the TFTD <_<

....also agree that XCOM with the touchscreen would be awesome, a game which would fit sweet!

Is there a list of PS1 games that work with PSX4GP2X?

You use a program like pocketiso to rip the videos out.

Back