Psx4All For Dingux

hlide said:
oh sh*t another guy trying to have donations with open source code.
As if it was the first time, just look at zodttd's "donate and download" stuff (maybe doesn't really apply to psx4all as he apparently put some effort into it, more to his other rebranded *phone stuff).

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
As if it was the first time, just look at zodttd's "donate and download" stuff (maybe doesn't really apply to psx4all as he apparently put some effort into it, more to his other rebranded *phone stuff).
well as long as it allows for him to pay new materials and his website fees and as psx4all isn't just a simple copy he made, I'm just okay. Anyway, I knew it when I added some files in psx4all. My only regret is about forgetting to add proper headers in my added files.

I am pretty impressed with psx4all at its first release. Do you guys know if is there room for improvement yet or this is all that dingoo could handle?

siloucos said:
I am pretty impressed with psx4all at its first release. Do you guys know if is there room for improvement yet or this is all that dingoo could handle?

I think so with some major changes. But honestly I cannot say if it would be enough for a fullspeed.

hlide said:
siloucos said:

I think so with some major changes. But honestly I cannot say if it would be enough for a fullspeed.

If most of games get 30 fps with sound sure it would be amazing! Playing with frame skip 1/2 (I think it is the best option of most of playable games) is not a problem. I've tried DBZ legends here at 400 mhz (no sound) with frame skip 0/1 and 1/2 (430 mhz freezes my dingoo)and frame skip 1/2 definitely made it beautiful (besides the fact of the screen start flashing when frame skip 1/2 was actived, maybe a bug?)

I just received a Dingoo. I installed a dual boot but I need to buy a mini-SD so I can have Dingux in it :/. Ingenics looks as very conservative about the real isntructions set in use in X-Burst too :/.

hlide said:
I just received a Dingoo. I installed a dual boot but I need to buy a mini-SD so I can have Dingux in it :/. Ingenics looks as very conservative about the real isntructions set in use in X-Burst too :/.

Just sayin (you probably do know this already but...) you could use a microSDHC card with a miniSD adapter. It'll probably be cheaper.

notaz said:
hlide said:
oh sh*t another guy trying to have donations with open source code.

So who's involved in the Psx4all for dingux project? Is this the same as PSX4Dingoo?

quartercast said:
So who's involved in the Psx4all for dingux project? Is this the same as PSX4Dingoo?

so far as i can see, Ulrich Hecht is the programmer which forks Zodttd's psx4all into psx4all-dingoo. I would expect for psx4dingoo and psx4all-dingoo would be the same as psx4all-iphone is psx4iphone. But the psx4dingoo blog sounds fishy and may be just a scam.

finally i have the new local on my sd card.....
but i have problems.... all the cbs (compressed files) give me a segmention error.... bin files work ok... any suggestions ??
i dont have that much disk space to give.... :)
pls help

pongplaya said:
but i have problems.... all the cbs (compressed files) give me a segmention error.... bin files work ok... any suggestions ??
pls help

I was having the exact same problem ('cept I was naming the compressed images .bin).

The compressed files should be named with the extension .cbn (not .cbs)

quadomatic said:
pongplaya said:
pls help

I was having the exact same problem ('cept I was naming the compressed images .bin).

The compressed files should be named with the extension .cbn (not .cbs)

it works thx a lot

Boy, I know built a emulator is hard task, and the next release cold take months. But man, I really would like to know by the opinion of Zodttd and Uli to know how much we can expect of future releases.(thanks hlide to give us your contribution on the project and give your opinion).

Is it absolutely impossible to contact Ulrich Hecht? His site have the Issues part, commits and a graph. What does it mean? I need to register to contact him? The commits are about his activity? And that graph? Change 4% of code from C++ to C would give a speed boost?

[EDIT] Oh man!I just got that Objective-C is a language, not a objective/goal :p

is there a compatiblity list... as "most" of my cbn files dont work

Castlevania
RR 1
CTR
Gunners heaven
Destruction derby

pongplaya said:
is there a compatiblity list... as "most" of my cbn files dont work

Castlevania
RR 1
CTR
Gunners heaven
Destruction derby

I think Castlevania sotn is supposed to work. Are you using scph1001.bin or scph7502.bin (which would be renamed scph1001.bin). If you're using scph1001, use scph7502, as it's known to have considerably better compatibility.

Back