Beta Public Beta Test

thanks for all the kind comments people still got lots of work to do on this.
torpor you can have the email sent again by clicking forgot details, try that.

UPDATE:
for the devs i have added the ability to disable an application if so need be, this stops everyone other than the maintainer from viewing/downloading the application.
fixed some html mark up.

coming soon...
for the devs ability to delete applications completely.
mark new apps since last visit :)
add dates of updated apps to list views.

Very nice! :)

A suggestion I would give is to swap "Author" and "Website" on the application page because the URL is cut way too short.

Ivanovic said:
Esn said:
Um... can you please allow 3-character usernames? :unsure:
Milkshake is currently at work and can't change stuff, but he plans to allow names with at least 2 chars as usernames once he is back home. So just be patient. ;)
Okay. I shall be patient. ;)

EDIT: Here's another way in which it's better than Craig's: it works in the minimalist Links2 browser! Even things like sorting by category, which I was not expecting. Only thing is that I have to manually name the PNDs, because by default it calls them "download.php".

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec  said:

A suggestion I would give is to swap "Author" and "Website" on the application page because the URL is cut way too short.

some authors have long lists of people though :p plus this links still work if you click on them so its all good.

Btw here is a short mock up how a slightly improved theme could look to make it appear more like http://www.openpandora.org and be more friendly to the eyes on large screens (the huge amounts of white hurt the eyes otherwise ;) ):
View attachment 541
What I basically did is take a screenshot of the repo and use gimp to alter it (this is the reason why the fonts that once were in the white area suck this much!). The background graphics is what is used at http://www.openpandora.org and the color used behind the "significant area" is from the same site, the buttom area with the "subscribe to ml" box. Comments?

UPDATE:
people who have uploaded an application can now choose to share maintainer rights i.e.

allow someone else to upload and update to their application
allow someone else to disable their application.

however deletion of an application is still restricted to the application owner.
and only the owner can add additional maintainers.

the owner can also take away maintainer rights to users aswell.

if you have become the maintainer of an application the application will appear in the "my apps" section of your account.
you can disable the application from here if you wish and if you want to update the application just upload your updated pnd as normal and it will update that application.

"onership" rights will remain in tact so just because you have updated an application that you are the maintainer of it doesnt make you the owner.

COMING SOON:
add the ability to allow 1 unique optional field per package which the maintaier/owner could can use to add things like change-log or install instructions.
this will be limited to 500chars though.

UPDATE:
for all those devs I have added..

the ability to allow 1 unique optional field per package which the maintaier/owner could can use to add things like change-log or install instructions.
this is currently limited to 500chars though.

you can add your additional information by clicking on "admin" next to the app in the "my apps" section.

once you have added any text, it will appear in the details page right before any preview pics.

html is not allowed.

lets know know if any errors or bugs thanks.

Hmm milkshake sorry to bother you with such a stupid thing, but my User isn´t working. I can´t validate the User, dunno why :(
Username is Holliefant..

milkshake said:
Alec  said:

some authors have long lists of people though :p plus this links still work if you click on them so its all good.

However, most the URLs get cut off ;)
A lot of the time, the whole domain name domain does not even fit!

I also think that it would logically make sense to put the author near the maintainer.

Hi milkshake, there's some discussion going on in this thread.

Tempel said:
Esn: keeping old versions on hand would certainly be a cool feature for the site, but I have a feeling that would require some major recoding on milkshake's part since everything is indexed by package ID. But suggest it to him, and maybe it can appear in the future.

Some devs might want the ability to keep old versions of a software around, because the new ones might have bugs (in emulators, for example, this is often the case). Is there any way of implementing this? Then Tempel's PNDStore application could have an option to "downgrade" and app as well as "upgrade" it.

Otherwise, many devs may end up uploading upgrades separately, and that defeats the purpose of the thing a bit.

UPDATE:

fixed some typos.
added character counter to comment text input and additional info text input (if javascript enabled).
added ability for moderators to delete comments.

@ESN not yet but if a dev releases a buggy release they can always revert back to a more stable release by re-uploading the stable version.

so at the moment if there is a buggy release the users should be telling the author to fix this.
in any case theoretically only final releases should be uploaded to the website, there could be maybe 2 version the auther uploads a stable version and a beta version, that would solve your issue.

though i guess archiving old versions is something everyone needs to be discussed as this takes lots of server space and would also mean changing the repo json specs.

@alec but the links still work though no? so nothing is busted?

Milkshake, sry to bother you again :)

I tried to resend my password, even thought my account isn´t validated :)

Then this appears :

Warning: include(../simpleFunctions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/repo.openpandora.org/httpdocs/includes/ajax/forgot.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../simpleFunctions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/www/vhosts/repo.openpandora.org/httpdocs/includes/ajax/forgot.php on line 4

:)

milkshake said:
though i guess archiving old versions is something everyone needs to be discussed as this takes lots of server space and would also mean changing the repo json specs.
Well, I'd like some devs i.e. notaz to chime in with what they think. As I understand it, sometimes earlier versions of an emulator will do some things better than later versions. For example, like how people port an earlier version of MAME to handheld devices, because the later versions are more accurate but much slower.

P.S. Will you allow 3-letter usernames?

@Esn it already allows 3 letter usernames

@Holliefant I fixed that now thanks for that.

UPDATE: users can now delete their own comments.

milkshake said:
@Alec but the links still work though no? so nothing is busted?

I'm not saying anything is busted, I'm just offering a suggestion. Sometimes I want to see what the project homepage is without actually clicking it. I think the 13 characters for the URL is way too short.

Back