Release Pushover [Recompile]

mcobit

Advanced Member
As it wasn't on the repo yet and the last pnd was a repack of the debian version, I recompiled it.

It uses notaz' SDL for scaling down and fullscreen.

Description from the main website (http://pushover.sourceforge.net/):

Pushover is a fun puzzle game originally published by Ocean in 1992. In this game you control an ant that can walk along platforms that are connected with ladders. On those platforms are dominos that need to fall according to some rules.

• All dominos must fall and none must crash into another
  • One special domino must fall as last domino and that domino triggers the exit door to open when you enter the exit door the level has been completed
  • You may rearrange as many dominos as you want, except for the trigger. You may not place dominos in front of the doors, except for the vanishing domino.
  • You may push push once to start a chain reaction with the dominos leading to the fall of all of them
  • All this has to be done within a time limit (which is normally generous)
  • There are 11 different dominos that behave differently when pushed, some fall, some not, some wait a bit before they fall, some raise, some toppler until they meet an obstacle
  • There is a help in the game and introductory levels that show how all the dominos work
Screenshot:

pushover.png

Controls:

A-Button: Action

F1 (Fn+1): Help

Esc (Fn+Q): Back/Menu

Known problems:

You can only play with the default profile right now as the profile creationscreen doesn't let you type in any characters. This might be a problem with notaz' SDL not recognizing scancodes.

If you read this, notaz, can anythig be done about this?

Get it on the repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pushover-pushover-1241234

Have fun!

Thanks mcobit...previous repackaging was mine...but i never found the time to update this great game. ;)

Known problems:

You can only play with the default profile right now as the profile creationscreen doesn't let you type in any characters. This might be a problem with notaz' SDL not recognizing scancodes.

If you read this, notaz, can anythig be done about this?
The game uses unicode characters, which notaz' SDL doesn't support.

Sounds just like that unicode issue I had with opentyrian.. had to tweak the code a bit to get around the issue to make it play nice with Notaz's SDL.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you need to do then Trashy?

Edit: Or can this sdl be recompiled with unicode support?

I need to check my code to remember for sure.. currently just have my smartphone at the moment. It was very hackish for sure..

What do you need to do then Trashy?

Edit: Or can this sdl be recompiled with unicode support?
I recompiled it (to workaround the freeze with GrabMouse when in GLES), can you grab the copy inside the Teeworld PND for example ? I will look at the the "configure" option to see if there is something to activate, but I don't remember anything about that... But I'll check, I don't trust my memory on that.

oh YES!!! I've been hoping somebody would do this! I downloaded the first port before I even had my Pandora, because I just love this little game. But I never really played it due to the fullscreen-issues.

Thanks a lot!

Back