Release PyChess

Mr Rob

Hello all:

I had a request for PyChess: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=pychess-0.10.0-mrrob

Um, it's another chess client, with apparently works well for online play at some of the official chess boards. So if you're a chess master, give it a go!

May work a bit better with overclocking, or disabling some of the animations. Sound also does not work at the moment, maybe in the future.

Awesome will try this asap! Main function is ofcourse to have proper timeseal. Big thanks for this! Will report some bugs if I find them.

Awesome will try this asap! Main function is ofcourse to have proper timeseal. Big thanks for this! Will report some bugs if I find them.

Yep, let me know how it works. The documentation says timeseal is just built in, so hopefully it automagically works for you. I do know there are some screen size issues, if those are a big enough problem I can try to fix those, too.

1) Start game in Fullscreen.

2) On the startupscreen add this choices:

Start recent game ("Name of the game")

Load game

3) On first run, create a folder appdata/gamestates (or name it "saved-games" or whatever you find meaningful)

a) Make this filepath the default choice for saving game states.

B) The save-dialogue shall remember the most recent directory path (useful if players save their gamestates somewhere else, and don't want to navigate from the default to the custom location each time.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Start game in Fullscreen.

2) On the startupscreen add this choices:

Start recent game ("Name of the game")

Load game

3) On first run, create a folder appdata/gamestates (or name it "saved-games" or whatever you find meaningful)

a) Make this filepath the default choice for saving game states.

B) The save-dialogue shall remember the most recent directory path (useful if players save their gamestates somewhere else, and don't want to navigate from the default to the custom location each time.

Oooooh, this is a list of changes, I thought it was 'a bug will occur if you follow these steps' and was mildly confused.

I'll see what I can do. I just pushed it out without too much polish as I knew QazzaQY2K wanted to play it.

Seems there is some strange buffer issue. When I start a game and play 5th move the client hangs. Also it changes some formula settings. set availinfo 1, and set gin 1 but should be 0, that messes up the eboard client.

Also I can't find a raw command console. (Only Chat)

Still, not sure why it freezes. Thats after I've changed animation to "No Animation". I did OC to 800Mhz It still locks up. I can kill it though.

Is there some debug info I can post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, there's some /tmp/pndout_[something something I forget], but it may not be useful in this case.

I can take a look, though. I assume you were playing an online game, yes?

I'm far from an expert in the application, I wonder if the same things occur on a desktop....

Back