Pyra dev?

hence my suggestion to do all of this in a debian vm.

edit: woah... ninjad by like three people.

hence my suggestion to do all of this in a debian vm.

Not that there's an awful lot to gain by unpacking the Pyra rootfs on an x86 linux platform. You might be able to run some of the scripts (such as the startup scripts) but you won't be able to run anything which has been compiled (such as the kernel, and most things from there on down). The vast majority of things you can read will be identical to those found on an x86 debian vm install.

Look at how your going to emulate it first, if that's what you want to do, and that will likely inflence the way you need to unpack it. A linux vm might turn out to not be necessary for that (not that there's no benefit in getting familiar with linux in general thanks to a vm).

Did the cross compiler install and work in Windows Linux subsystem? That's a valuable thing and largely independent from any emulation or anything using the rootfs. A fair few Pandora developers don't have access to anything that can run their builds - they test on other platforms, then build for Pandora and release, allowing us to test their work.

This is from the home folder, in here the file system should be 100% linux compatible.
Doing the same from "/mnt/c" will not work...

Ah. My working directory was a symlink to My Documents. That explains it.

upload_2018-1-7_16-1-43.png

[doublepost=1515368632,1515362340][/doublepost]I extracted it fine under my home directory.
[doublepost=1515370147][/doublepost]I got as far as the make step in building dosbox and then
upload_2018-1-7_18-8-22.png

Which really somehow looks more like an error in the code rather than in my environment. I don't know.

Back