Pyra HTML5 performance

SiegfriedCroes

Game Developer | Pixel Artist
Hey there everyone, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I recently released a little Mario Maker inspired platform game. It's a free browser game and I was curious if it'd run on the Pyra. I already tried it on a Raspberry Pi and it runs OK but that one doesn't have a GPU so no hardware acceleration. Does the Pyra have hardware acceleration in Chromium or other browser?

Here's a link to the game :)

Did you did that game on the Gamebuino also, or at least some technological demo of it?

Yes it was originally a Gamebuino META game, worked on it since the very beginning but after a while it was getting hard to add all the features I wanted and it was getting more and more complicated making it work with the hardware limitations. That + the fact that almost no one was going to be able to play it I decided to make a web version instead so everyone could play it :)

Just had a quick go - it's progressed nicely since the Gamebuino version, and I'm so glad it's got more TLC. The pixel art is beautiful, and controls are slick. Looking forward to playing this on the Pyra for sure!

Dude, this is so fun. You are a really talented artist, designer and programmer. Awesome game.

Thank you so much for the kind words! :D

Yes, I love LSDj and use it for all audio in my games!

Just had a quick go - it's progressed nicely since the Gamebuino version, and I'm so glad it's got more TLC. The pixel art is beautiful, and controls are slick. Looking forward to playing this on the Pyra for sure!

I've definitely added a lot since that version! Thanks a lot, I hope it'll run well :)

Back