Pyra not booting

Bagpussawake

I received my Pyra this afternoon ( WooHoo!) and all seemed fine.
I did the sudo apt update bits and then installed Lazarus, Open Office, Firefox & Clawsmail, all from the Synaptic package manager.
I was then browsing through the file system when it froze. After a while I pressed and held the power button for ~8-10 seconds which appeared to force shutdown.
Since then it does not boot. If I pressed the power button the blue led to the right lights up, the power button glows greenish and the Pyra logo on the lid lights up green. It just stays like this with no signs of any activity.
I've pulled the battery and re-inserted it but this made no difference.
Any suggestions?

hold the ower button for 1-2 seconds.
This mechanism was introduced to prevent 'invalid boot' when the Pyra gets plugged in.
This is normal. We should make this much more clear I guess.
The power button must start blinking.
If it does not and is only green, hold the power button (while it's green) for 1-2 seconds.
That mostly fixes it for me.

When building the Pyras I had that behavior several times. Thought that it was normal.
I always boot the pyras once after flashing to make sure they boot. Most of the time I have this green-button-thing.
Hold it a bit and it should boot :)

Okay, I tested this a bit more.
If you press for a split second, then the button will light up bark green.
This will not work.
Hold for a bit longer until the power button will light up light green/white and the adjacent LEDs light up green.
Now release the button and wait. After a few seconds the Pyra should boot.

Reactions: rSl
Thanks Askarus.
I've just had a memory card delivered today so I'm sure, as a Linux NOOB, I'll have a load more basic questions soon...
I've had a Pandora for years too but with the PND Manager etc it basically just worked for me without ever really needing to learn much about the OS!

Back