Pyra pictures (spoilers)

I don't know. It depends on what you want to emphasize, maybe. For me it looks a little like those Christmas dioramas they build in some places, or just more generally invokes the idea of video games, cartoons, or art in general, but also the idea of building your own world (or toy world, or world of toys) however you like it. And that'd be quite like the Pyra.

It doesn't convey techno, electronics, mobile phones, productivity or dragons (but maybe ED knows better where dragons live than I) but I'm not sure it should.

It's clearly not trying to show what's inside the box, more like enticing to use it to dream or something. But I don't know, if you look at graphics cards' boxes, it's often full of fantasy characters, planes, or weapons or stuff that has no relation to the hardware, other than it has been rendered. I mean what should one paint in the box ? PCB traces ?

Perhaps the idea was to illustrate an open community, or a world to discover? If so, I can't think of a better way to illustrate such abstract concepts.

Most tech packaging implies a finished and sealed product. With long-term community support like the Pandora, it'll never really be 'finished' - and if I wanted a sealed device, I'd buy an iPhone!

The box art looks really nice, but to me, it doesn't really go with the product.

A serene countryside doesn't fit with the image of a dragon (Dragonbox, EvilDragon) or Pyra's loose association with fire (Colour, logo, name); and the device itself is electronic and high-tech, which you also don't really associate with the countryside.

To me the tiled style and the orthographic (non-perspectivic) view of the art makes it retro like, so I think it fits :)

I don't know. It depends on what you want to emphasize, maybe. For me it looks a little like those Christmas dioramas they build in some places, or just more generally invokes the idea of video games, cartoons, or art in general, but also the idea of building your own world (or toy world, or world of toys) however you like it. And that'd be quite like the Pyra.

It doesn't convey techno, electronics, mobile phones, productivity or dragons (but maybe ED knows better where dragons live than I) but I'm not sure it should.

It's clearly not trying to show what's inside the box, more like enticing to use it to dream or something. But I don't know, if you look at graphics cards' boxes, it's often full of fantasy characters, planes, or weapons or stuff that has no relation to the hardware, other than it has been rendered. I mean what should one paint in the box ? PCB traces ?

Yeah, you guys nailed it!

When @EvilDragon and I were discussing the concept, we agreed that something a bit more unorthodox from the regular tech styled packaging would be fitting for the Pyra.
The whole idea is that you're about to start on an adventure of your own making.

Back