Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Thats all correct, but I was not talking about userspqce emulation here, but about running linux with wine on top.

Arm userspace emulation with wine will be faster, but as we are on an arm device here, there need to be all linux dependencies for wine, too. It will be faster, yes, but I have no experience with this kind of stuff, so if anyone wants to try, feel free to do so :)

Create chroot with needed libraries and wine, put a statically compiled qemu that does arm<=>x86 translation. chroot in the chroot and profit.

It's pretty easy to do, anyways.. There are still some things that could be offloaded from the emulation (arm wine, x86 binaries) and make wine handle natievely and AFAIK there has been work on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats true. I don't have much time right now to try it. I think I read something about arm wine etc, but that it was broken in later releases of qemu. I need a whole evening someday to try to get it running, but that is not realistic :(

If anyone wants to build qemu 1.1 and experiment with this stuff, please do it. Would be nice to hear something about it here, even if it doesn't work.

Create chroot with needed libraries and wine, put a statically compiled qemu that does arm<=>x86 translation. chroot in the chroot and profit.

It's pretty easy to do, anyways.. There are still some things that could be offloaded from the emulation (arm wine, x86 binaries) and make wine handle natievely and AFAIK there has been work on this.

I wonder what kind of performance upgrade that would make... it sounds quite great...

I haven't been able to get it to work on my Pandora with any combination of:

gnemul, chroot

old wine, new wine

old qemu, new qemu, self-patched old/new qemu (added the missing threading functionality)

In all cases, WINE either hard crashes or locks up. The exact steps and files to get it working on the N900 don't even work. It'll probably require some deep debugging and probably coding to fix.

Did you try the new 1.1 qemu? It works for armhosts again but still seems to have some problems.

I think it is a known problem, that more recent versions of qemu don't work like on the n900 tutorial.

I just tried the 1.1 qemu today - it has the exact same result as my 1.0 qemu. With regards to the N900 tutorial, I tried the qemu and wine binaries *they* provided. This didn't work either.

I imagine to fix this I'll need to dive in with a debugger, but threaded debugging in gdb is borked on my Pandora still :)

Threaded debugging has some incompatibility issues I think. Would maybe be worth a try to build your own gdb.

It's caused by glibc having a stripped or nonpresent libthread_db.so.1... didn't manage to fix it last time I worked on this. Don't feel like rebuilding glibc :)

Maybe it's fixed (or could be fixed) in superzaxxon?

It should be fixed in .next, at least I hope so. They released a toolchain and the baseimage, if you haven't seen it.

Hi Guys News here.

I worked many many Hours with the Goal to get Elder Scrolls Arena working in DRDOS or FREEDOS.

First i thought i must fight against Memory Problems,but i had

under Freedos 610KB Conventional Memory

32MB XMS

and 32MB EMS working.

Elder Scrolls doesnt work on Freedos r Drdos now.

Under MSDOS works it good,but i cannot release this MSDOS Image.

Here a Video with Elder Scrolls Arena under MSDOS on Qemu for Pandora.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLeRv5mogKk?feature=oembed

http://mcobit.openpandora.org/qemu-images/Xatax.rar

happy playing and Qemuproject is not death ;)

first sorry for the Doublepost,but more than 2 Youtubevideos in one one Post are not allowed here ^_^

With Qemu and 1GHZ (overclocked)now Elder Scrolls Daggerfalls with Freedos :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RqevCI6mq0U?feature=oembed
unfortunality is the Game not Playable but when one from you want to test this with an overclocked 1GHZ Pandora here the Link :unsure:

http://mcobit.openpa...sDaggerfall.rar

(its Uploading yet)Packed188MB unpacked 1GB Image

Edit Upload Finished,happy testing :)

I compiled it, but it is far more unstable than the one we have and seems to be a bit slower. I wasn't able to run my win 95 image with it for example.

I think lunixbochs has it running in userspace mode, but I haven't heared from him in a while. Maybe he will come up with something great, but this version is not better than the 0.15 we have.

Sad :/.

I'm a bit surprised about stability because qemu is usually rock-solid.

Ok i will try it too.

the last Versions had many many Problems with loading Images,i hope that is fixed.

Wish me Luck :)

Maybe i get it work with other Configure Parameters :rolleyes:

but Wish me Luck :D ,then all other Versions from this year doesnt work <_<

Edit: ok tried again and failed again.

The new Versions of Qemu have alle the Sames Error and cannot realy opening Images.

All Images has IO Errors but with the old Qemu Version work they.

I tried to converting a Image from Qcow2 in Qcow and the Raw Format,but the Errors comes too.

No Chance for new Version and new Release of Qemu now :unsure:

I'm a qemu newbie. I successfully got the pre-made images from the wiki up & running. I also got Windows 95 installed. However, I can't get the CD to read the isos that I have loaded in Windows 95. I did read the wiki and saw that I should disable the plug & play bios and enable the PCI-BUS. I was able to disable plug & play, but in my Device Manager (under system), I don't see PCI-BUS. Is it somewhere else or do I have to install this? If I have to install it (and also install the CD-Rom driver, is there a instructions on how to install drivers in a Windows 95 image since I can't figure it out.

Thanks & great work on getting this on the Pandora!

You have to uninstall it and swap the drivers for plug and play bios with the pcibus drivers manually. Also you can use a dos cdromdriver, what will make it work, too.

You have to uninstall it and swap the drivers for plug and play bios with the pcibus drivers manually. Also you can use a dos cdromdriver, what will make it work, too.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

It ended up that I had a bad iso (I figured it out when I tried to extract the files with 7zip.) I made a new iso & it works great! Thanks!

Back