Qtopia - Add New Programs

xenon_soft

Website
perugorria.cjb.net
Hi!

Since I have my GP2X I use everyday QTOPIA for Agenda, Contacts, etc...

Have you tried to add some new programs or apps? I have tried the instructions here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Qtopia and I haven't been successfull because every time I try to "decompress" QTOPIA.IMG or QTOPIA2.IMG I receive a error.

Also, how can I find or add a new Language?

Yours,

PS: It works well, but hope there will be more versions of this great port.

I did try installing a "Learn Japanse" package :ph34r:, got it decompressed, installed the files and compressed again. The icon appeared in the menu, although it didnt work :huh:..

Maybe it's based on an older version of cramfs, and it doesn't work right with newer cramfs filesystem drivers? I'd try googling around for cramfs and see if you can find more compatability info. Also, you could always extract the files on the gp2x itself, since you know it has a working driver. It's just repackaging it that might be tricky, since I believe it's a read only filesystem. Of course, nobody says that you have to use cramfs when you repackage it, you could easily change it to use ext2 or whatever you like (probably not fat32 though, since it doesn't support unix permissions).

Thanks for the answer. I will try to "unpackage" the IMG at another computer and if it fails, of course I will wait for your answer :)

Yours,

Ugh, that looks ugly. Make sure you have the qtopia image file, named qtopia.img, in the same directory as the bat file when you run it. If trying it on another PC fails, you could try a script which I will attempt to upload later, as my webspace is being screwed up at present.

Back