Quake Iii Mods (halo Port?)

palmertech

If the Pandora can run Quake 3...What are the odds of someone making a Halo mod for it? there were quite a few mods that ported the weapons and maps from Doom and other older games, so do you think it would be possible that someone would make it? Someone in the PSP scene has a Halo Quake 1 mod, and the tools for modding Quake III are fairly easy to use and widely available. Perhaps a community project? Most of the work that would need to be done, as far as I can see, is not programming intensive, but grunt labor intensive. And to combat the inevitable "Why would you even want to do this" argument: Sure, not exactly super impressive to you or me. But how awesome would it be to show non-nerd people and say "Look, I can play Halo...Online! Can you do THAT on you're PSP?" What do you think?

Thats an OK idea, I guess. Don't think you'd find many people to help out though. Try to see how you can do yourself with a Quake editor.

There was a Quake III mod a while back called Halo Total Conversion. I played it like once or twice, it was pretty similar to the PC version of halo. I tried looking for it a couple days ago, but to no avail. Try searching for it and post us back if you find anything.

Jonttu said:
There was a Quake III mod a while back called Halo Total Conversion. I played it like once or twice, it was pretty similar to the PC version of halo. I tried looking for it a couple days ago, but to no avail. Try searching for it and post us back if you find anything.

Thanks! Actually, I read a few posts on other forums about it, but all the old Quake III mod sites seem to be gone... :( Ok, off searching I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, double post, but this warrants a new post. Jonttu, are you sure about the fact that you actually played it? It seems that the project never got further than 1 multiplayer map and different character models. Not even new weapons...The official site is down, so I can't find much info on it. Unfortunately, almost all the good quake mod forums and sites are down, replaced by ad sites. If anyone knows how far this project got, or has a copy of it, please post.

Well never a copy, but a beta was released with models and textures. "it was pretty similar to the PC version of halo." and what I meant by that is that it gave me the same feel as HCE almost. The only weapon that they had was the AR.

Back