Quake

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Now before you point me in the direction of the FAQs, can I just query this:

I have all the Quake files loaded on my computer, and have downloaded the GP2X ports, ready for tomorrow, when my new baby arrives.
My question is this: I can't get Quake to run on my computer at all, using the original CD-ROM and Windows XP (1.68 Ghz). Will this matter when I transfer it over to the GP2X?

Still can't wait for tomorrow, even though I haven't clue what I'm doing with it when it comes to coding and suchlike :D

I believe there is a version of quake that runs on XP but i never found it, I think you may be able to use the compatability wizrd in the right click menu though ;)

What would being able to run Quake on your PC have to do with running it on the GP2X? As for getting it to work a PC, Quake was orginally a DOS game, so it's not going to work under Windows XP directly. You'll need a windows version of the game.

http://wiki.quakesrc.org/index.php/GLQuake

Quake has run under windows for years and you dont need to run GL Quake at all, In fact GL Quake can be a royal pain in the arse, Thats from experience and not from reading in a WIKI (Old fart gamer here)

Flamebait ????

I think you will find that is fact nothing else, If you don't like that tough but don't try and start more crap, This forum really doesn't need it at the minute so if you have a problem with me correcting your bad advice just PM me OK

Never told anybody to use GLQuake - I link to a page that talked about GLQuake how it's unstable and what some of the alternative that were born of GLQuake where. Also if you read the orginal post you'll notice that he can't get Quake to run on his computer at all, to which you reply - run Quake on your computer... Prehaps I took what you wrote the wrong way but it came across as "you don't know what your talking about because you linked to a wiki".

So as for the correct step by step procedure.

1 - Install Quake using the INSTALL.BAT file located on your orginal Quake CD
2 - Down DarkPlaces: http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/download.html
3 - Extract DarkPlaces to where ever you want
4 - Copy the contents of your orginal ID1 directory to the ID1 of DarkPlaces
5 - Run darkplaces.exe to play

Back