Quality Of Tv Out?

PolloLoco said:
Can we expect similar slowdowns with the Pandora TV Out? Or does the TV out hardware take the extra workload?
No, the Pandora has proper TV-out hardware which should not effect the system performance.

There was some talk a while back about the possibility of a "dual monitor" mode, where the TV-out video could be different than the video on the LCD. If this is the case, there would obviously be a performance hit as the Pandora would have to render twice as much to fill the two displays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
PolloLoco said:
Can we expect similar slowdowns with the Pandora TV Out? Or does the TV out hardware take the extra workload?
No, the Pandora has proper TV-out hardware which should not effect the system performance.

There was some talk a while back about the possibility of a "dual monitor" mode, where the TV-out video could be different than the video on the LCD. If this is the case, there would obviously be a performance hit as the Pandora would have to render twice as much to fill the two displays.

That could be quite interesting for gaming though.
You could display simple stuff like score tables and maps without any major slowdown.. possibly :)

EDIT: Some more good uses would be to have the music player on that screen while gaming or to have the control layouts for the actual game your playing on there. It would be pretty cool to have instructions on how to do the special moves on fighting games for whatever character your using B)

Honestly, as long as it is acceptable for mutiplayer gaming; smooth picture, good resolution, good refresh rate; I'm happy! (*cough*GoldenEye*Cough*) :p

-Spadoof :gp2x

You soon will be mine!!!!!!!!!!! :pandora1:

personally, im more curious if theres any chance of TV in, so that it could be used to record shows from tv, like a DVR. (cough archos 605 cough)

waffles said:
personally, im more curious if theres any chance of TV in, so that it could be used to record shows from tv, like a DVR. (cough archos 605 cough)
There are USB devices to do this, and some have Linux drivers. I don't know how well it would work overall, but I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't be possible to use one of the Linux-supported Hauppage tuners, for example.

Back