Something I Want Out Of New Device

1magus

I'm hoping the new device will support this either on the screen or through TV OUT on Component cables or something cause the PSP supports this and when using TV OUT on my PSP it comes to 480p and I know most people say OMG no difference between 480i and 480p but my eyes just get bugged when I see out of place lines in games (and trust me I see them :( ) and with this powerful device coming out I know it is possible.
Does anybody else agree?

hahahahaha.

LCDs are naturally progressive scan. It's your TV that fucks up the conversion to interlace. Out of place lines are the interlacing, which is why people like progressive scan.

Goity said:
hahahahaha.

LCDs are naturally progressive scan. It's your TV that fucks up the conversion to interlace. Out of place lines are the interlacing, which is why people like progressive scan.
Oh Thank God ok I was asking cause every time I saw a TV OUT cable for the GP2X they were not Component so I assumed it just did not support P Scan

Last edited by a moderator:
foft said:
Hmmm, 480p (or better) output would rock. But I guess its going to be PAL/NTSC svideo on the A/V port?
Well it might be possible to hook up a USB powered component output port some how but I doubt it.

TylerAW said:
Goity said:
hahahahaha.

Oh Thank God ok I was asking cause every time I saw a TV OUT cable for the GP2X they were not Component so I assumed it just did not support P Scan

Sorry, your title confused me. I thought you wanted progressive out of the device. Nobody knows whether it will support progressive scan, but I hope it will have a VGA output.

Goity said:
TylerAW said:
Goity said:
hahahahaha.

Sorry, your title confused me. I thought you wanted progressive out of the device. Nobody knows whether it will support progressive scan, but I hope it will have a VGA output.

Dang there has gotta be a way to get TV OUT to do P Scan!

Back