Question About Emulators

Bernstein229

Still Fresh
I am a fan of emulation, but the only handheld I've used is a jailbroken iPod Touch, where as in emulation zodttd is god. He has made almost every emu for it. Since he is the only emulator dev for that platform there are only 1 emu for each system. Since this is a huge emulation system will there be more than one emu for some platforms like a computer? Or will it be only 1 emu per platform. Thanks for reading.

If it's anything like GP2X (which the community is), then you will, probably, eventually have multiple emus for most systems. Off the top of my head, GP2X had multiple emus for Amiga, c64, SNES, Megadrive, ZX, GBA, NES, PC Engine and others.

Bernstein229 said:
I am a fan of emulation, but the only handheld I've used is a jailbroken iPod Touch, where as in emulation zodttd is god. He has made almost every emu for it. Since he is the only emulator dev for that platform there are only 1 emu for each system. Since this is a huge emulation system will there be more than one emu for some platforms like a computer? Or will it be only 1 emu per platform. Thanks for reading.
The pinned emulation topic at the top this board contains a comprehensive list of emulators (currently known AKA publically announced) in development or planned, including what devs plan to do what. It also happens to answer this question as well. But yes, Pandora will have multiple emus for some systems. Pandora is a homebrew system by design (unlike the ipod touch), so you will see a vast and thriving selection of emulators, games and apps for it over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
but it's probable that you will know what is the best emu to use for each one, because some devs are known for some kickass specific emulator optimizing :) or would you play a psx emulator from anyone else other than zodttd/tinnus, who are already working hard on it? ;)
devs wont focus on already-available systems also, so you wont have to worry too much with that (someone will only pick psx emulation once they dont think psx4pand is good enough for example)

Back