question about moving saved emulator games from PC to pandora

subatis

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I just got my Open Pandora in the mail a little over a week ago and the thing is freakin awesome. Its exactly what I was hoping it would be.

I've been looking around for an answer to this so forgive me if I've passed over any relevant posts/articles. I had been emulating (using snes9x) on my PC for some time before receiving my Pandora. I was hoping to just pick up on those saved games where I left off.

However, when I move the ROMs from my PC to my SD card and start them up on the snes9x4p on the Pandora, the ROMs are blank in terms of saved games. If I pop the SD card into my PC and boot up the ROM directly from the SD card, I can see the saves there, but for some reason not on the pandora. Is this because the emulators are incompatible or something? Can't seem to find much info on this.

Likewise, I tried moving my save states into what I thought was the approriate appdata folder on my SD card and that didn't seem to do anything either.

Any pointers in the right direction would be extremely appreciated. Thanks y'all.

They shouldn't be incompatible, but they might be in a different directory.

Best bet is running a fresh snes9x4d (though the new snes9x.emu ex is better in my opinion) with a game that is known to save (best try the one you want to move your savegame over).

After playing the game, check the appdata directory for the savegame (.srm).

That's where you want to copy your PC Savegame to (be sure that the name is correct as well).

This will most probably not work with savestates, as they're different with each emulator, but it will 100% work with savegames (the normal battery saved ones).

Thank you very much, that is helpful. Will give that a try when I get home from work (putting my time here to good use until I can get home and start playing with my new toy again!!)

Sorry if I misunderstand the first post, but are you saying you are only copying the Rom for the game onto your SD, and not any matching savegame file?

(i.e. the savegames you see on the PC are independent of the ROM, which would be why you see them on your PC emulator but not on the Pandora, even when you use the same ROM - the savegame is somewhere on your PC still)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back