Question About Multiplayer On Quake

Ownage

Still Fresh
Will you be able to play against other people on quake with the pandora on the internet?
Also will you be able to play against people who have the pc version

Yes and yes. You would be at a serious disadvantage against PC players, though.

'Xian Long' said:
'kamakazie950' said:
Not unless i use my usb mouse
that defeats the whole purpose of having the pandora because it's meant to be handheld.

Not if I'm sitting at a coffee shop on my lunch break and don't feel like lugging a whole laptop with me to play Quake 3. They make some really small mouses nowadays. It's portability allows one to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
...you could even add a little fold away keyboard (if you wanted)

I wanna see a usb powered port for the games you emulate like the atari 2600 and you just whip out the joystick

'kamakazie950' said:
I wanna see a usb powered port for the games you emulate like the atari 2600 and you just whip out the joystick
do you mean you want some generic usb controller to use on the pandora? if so, they will work fine. there's not much of a purpose of having the pandora if you're just going to attach a controller, you might as well get an atom or something.

'Xian Long' said:
'kamakazie950' said:
Not unless i use my usb mouse
that defeats the whole purpose of having the pandora because it's meant to be handheld.
No, using it however the hell you want IS the purpose of Pandora. :D

Without getting into the PC vs Console debate, many people prefer keyboard+mouse for FPS's. Pandora is the first gaming handheld to offer this option. How awesome is that shit.

Well we all got use to the controllers on the consoles it doesn't mean we cant get use to the pandora's controls and i cant wait for doom 3 :D

'worzyl' said:
Oh! And a mini USB lamp and a teeny tiny cup of coffee. It'd be so cute!

QUICK QUESTION:

Is it possible to do adhoc with it?

'Eversmile' said:
'worzyl' said:

QUICK QUESTION:

Hahahaha...
Amazing!

i am hoping that using the pandora is just as good or better for quake. left analogue forward back and strafe, right analogue for 360 looking, Rshoulder for firing, Lshoulder for secondary fire or jumping, numbers for weapon select. ABXY for... something. possibly optional weapon select up and down, item useage/select/ not even sure what other buttons are needed. i envisage some people missing the scroll wheel weapon select but if the control is anything like Time Splitters 2 i will be very happy.

'Eversmile' said:
'worzyl' said:

QUICK QUESTION:

If someone makes this happen with Q3, I can guarantee a billion pandora sales.

To make up the difference between Pandora and PC, I've been considering a tap-and-fire mod of some kind. Instead of using the right analogue as a look, simply tap the screen with the stylus where you want to look and it automatically rotates to that position. Hold the L button and tap and it'll shoot that point.

Back