Question About The New Case Pictures

Prometheus said:
I believe those are the cases that hold the spare batteries.

really? i didn't know we were getting cases with the extra battery's.

Last edited by a moderator:
sryidc said:
Prometheus said:
I believe those are the cases that hold the spare batteries.

Well, the batteries themselves are soft if memory serves, and being lithium-polymer, they need something to protect them. That's my understanding of it.

borgqueenx said:
well they look exactly like the batteries. i think they are...
As above, they're cases for batteries. Why would the plastics factory be giving out photographs of batteries? ;)

sryidc said:
Lithium polymer batteries are relatively easy to damage, thus they need additional protection if you want to carry them around.

edit:
ninja.jpg
'd

Those are the battery *lids*

They can't be the batteries, because you don't produce batteries via injection molding so it makes no sense that they should arrive with the cases. Also, have you ever seen a battery before in your life? Batteries aren't made of 100% millimeter-thin plastic ffs...

They *could* be cases for the extra batteries but I don't think so because they're far too small (or the "container part" is at least missing)

So, they are probably the battery lids.

EDIT: Or are they actually the cases for external batteries? Are the batteries really that small?

they are not the lids, the lids are in another picture and have the finishing on them(and look amazing can't wait to see the whole pandora with the finishing!!) that is why i was confused. i also thought they might be a larger lid for an expanded battery, but there hasn't been any talk of this as far as i know so i don't think that's what they are. a case for the extra battery's makes sense, i just don't remember anyone ever mentioning this.

@sryidc - I've seen it come up before, but I don't have any quotes to hand right now.

They are cases for the battery(s) when they are out of the Pandora.

You can see the little bump for the PCB at the ends.

craigix said:

thanks for the answer Craig :) there seems to be new exciting news almost everyday. can't wait to watch "how its made" Pandora edition :)

craigix said:

Oh good, they're supposed to look like that.
I was a little worried about that picture before. :p

Back