Question For Reesy Re Drmd

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a question for him why are you asking in the forum. Seriously I'm only replying out of badness. I couldn't give a monkey's about save states.

@Nickmon: I think you are confused. Save slots are not shared between all of your roms. You have 10 slots per game. Basically what you have requested is already in place...unless I've screwed something up during the port.

//not worthy in presence of Reesy

What would be cool is if you could open a named save state before loading a rom. Or, on opening drmd you could opt to go straight to the last save. Would be especially helpful when playing through games from the latter half of the alphabet eg Sword of Vermillion

offtopic tip - rename your rom in lower case then you can press up on the list and go straight to it from the bottom.

Reesy posted on Mar 1 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
@Nickmon: I think you are confused. Save slots are not shared between all of your roms. You have 10 slots per game. Basically what you have requested is already in place...unless I've screwed something up during the port.

Thanks for the reply.

So if I get this right its 10 slots per game and as I load a game will it load in the relevant 10 save slots if I have previously saved anything...?

Then when I change roms, if reloads the 10 slots...?

If thats the case I guess theres no way of auto naming the save slot with the level you are on as it would be impossible to calculate where you are in each rom?

What about a manual level id..

Or am i just being to fussy? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:16 PM said:
What you just said is not only fussy but pointless.
Well I tend to, on some games multi save in a level, I thought it would be nice to be able to save them as:

Where .3 is my latest save in the level...

Just an idea.

Nickmon posted on Mar 1 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
Well I tend to, on some games multi save in a level, I thought it would be nice to be able to save them as:

Just an idea.
So what are you asking to be able to do? Name saves?!!

Hanz™ posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:20 PM said:

Just an idea.

Yes

in my day we had to plug our genesis into the tv, and push square black carts into the base, and there were no save states at all, -con sarn it-, and then we walked 40 miles to school...ahem...40 yards to the bus stop

I've never seen an emulator that does that.. and i'd be annoyed if i HAD to put in a name too. Then it'd be slightly cumbersome for Reesy to add the option to give a name but not necessarily prompt for it.

What game are you playing that you need to save 3 times in a level? And why don't you want to overwrite? I appreciate having 10, but I usually only need 1 save state per game (RPG's being the only possible exception I can think of). Why don't you just use the slots as you progress through the game? As in level 1 is slot 1, level 2 is slot 2, or some other system.

rokdcasbah posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:44 PM said:
in my day we had to plug our genesis into the tv, and push square black carts into the base, and there were no save states at all, -con sarn it-, and then we walked 40 miles to school...ahem...40 yards to the bus stop

And we walked 40 miles there in the Snow, rain, hail, sleet, hurricanes, tornados, and meteor showers.

So Nickmon, just be happy the emu is as good as it is.

DaveC posted on Mar 1 2006 at 05:21 PM said:

And we walked 40 miles there in the Snow, rain, hail, sleet, hurricanes, tornados, and meteor showers.

Wuss.

Nickmon posted on Mar 1 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Mar 1 2006 at 02:20 PM said:

Just an idea.

Yes
That would just annoy most people.

Jarska333 posted on Mar 1 2006 at 10:22 AM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 1 2006 at 05:21 PM said:

Wuss.

lol

I think having timestamps on the savestates would suffice already and help a lot to find the savestate you're looking for.

But the GP2X doesn't have an internal clock, or does it? I mean one that doesn't reset after you turn it off and back on.

rokdcasbah posted on Mar 1 2006 at 03:29 PM said:
maybe not the fastest route, but it might be possible to do backups of your savestates by hand?

Wow, an actual good reponse instead of calling me a wuss !

Yes ultimatly I might do that its not hard known up a little script to do that.

And for the record I think the emulator is a fantastic peice of work, which me and the kids have been enjoying very much.

I guess form the slighly negative comments that my preference to have save slots with names or an id is not a general or good idea for the masses.

Kind sorry I asked now !
:blink:

Dryer Lint posted on Mar 1 2006 at 03:42 PM said:
I think having timestamps on the savestates would suffice already and help a lot to find the savestate you're looking for.

But the GP2X doesn't have an internal clock, or does it? I mean one that doesn't reset after you turn it off and back on.
Yep your right no clock, another shame that seeing as the neo gep pocket had one and the DS. Could have made for some interesting apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back