Question On Smc Readers

SMC stands for "Smart Media Card", which contains the programs and other data for your GP32. The SMC Reader can allow a computer to read that information off your GP32. It should be compatible with all known languages.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're asking. That's called the "Drive Letter", not a "Dictionary". And it depends on what you currently on your computer and how Windows is configured. For instance, I have this setup:

C: - Windows HDD
D: - DVD/CDRW

So when a new drive is added, it will start at E: and go down the alphabet from there. If you have a SMC Card Reader which ONLY reads SMC cards, it will show up as E: . However, if you have something like a 6-in-1, 7-in-1, etc., it may show up as G:, H:, I:, etc. You're left with "trial and error", accessing each drive, until you find the right one.

Thegingerbreaddude seems to be asking which drive the SMC reader comes up as.

The answer to that totally depends on your computer's configuration - what other drives do you have in there? For example, you could have

C: Hard drive
D: Hard drive
E: CD Writer
F: DVD Reader
G: SMC Reader

If you have other removable drives, then the drive letter for the SMC reader might change each time you plug it in.

Personally, I run Linux and my card reader's at /mnt/smc :)

thecheat posted on Jul 26 2004 at 08:24 PM said:
oh, DIRECTORY...
heh heh, i dont have to deal with directories, im on a mac :D
Flame, Withdrawn. :p

EDIT:
I have a 6 in 1 card reader and my SMC slot is G for GP32 and my compact flash slot is J for junk, I mean pocketpc ;).

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I have
A:\ floppy drive
C:\ hard drive
D:\ rewriter
E:\ regular CD drive
F:\ DVD drive - (what the hell? I don't have a DVD drive!)

G:\ smartmedia card reader

I have

A:\Floppy
C:\HD 2
D:\HD 1
E:\HD 3
F:\HD 4
G:\DVDRW +/- Burner
H:\CDRW Burner
I:\Virtual Drive 1
J:\Virtual Drive 2
K:\SMC Reader

What happened to B?

Ive never seen a B drive

A floppy
C hd 1
D hd 2
E hd 3
F hd 4
G Compact disc
Z Dvd

Thegingerbreaddude posted on Jul 26 2004 at 07:43 PM said:
I heard that there was a way of using you GP as a hard drive. Is this true?
Yep, look in the beta testing section on the forums of this site for gpdrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back