Question Regarding Hyperterminal?

juliodm

Still Fresh
Online it states that the bits per second should be 115200, data bits are 8, parity is none, stop bits are 1, flow control is Xon/Xoff, but hyperterminal shows all these other options, like Emulation: Autodtect, or Viewdata, or VT100, etc.. The reason I ask is because I get nothing but giberish from the console. And not alot of it either. On boot it gives me 1-3 characters, then stops. Did I configure the port properly? Can anyone advise?

It is also possible that my GP2X is thoroughly bricked.

Thanks ahead of time.
Julio DM.

115200 baud, 8n1 is correct. There shouldn't be any flow control at all (so turn off xon/off), and all the other settings should be left at default.

Squidge posted on May 17 2006 at 12:08 PM said:
115200 baud, 8n1 is correct. There shouldn't be any flow control at all (so turn off xon/off), and all the other settings should be left at default.

Thank you for the quick reply. I totally appreciate it.

[EDIT]
I just tried it, I got absolutely nothing... I'm guessing that my unit is 100% bricked. Ahhh....oh well. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your unit is totally bricked, the lcd will start off white and eventually be nothing but colored lines, and you'll most likely see a single character on hyperterm (usually a Y with an umlaut) rather than the uboot messages. Sometimes you don't get anything at all on the serial port though.

Squidge posted on May 17 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
If your unit is totally bricked, the lcd will start off white and eventually be nothing but colored lines, and you'll most likely see a single character on hyperterm (usually a Y with an umlaut) rather than the uboot messages. Sometimes you don't get anything at all on the serial port though.

It's just like you said. White, then colored lines, sometimes I get a character or 2 in Hyperterminal, but nothing else. It sucks because I only got to use my GP2X for 4 days before I bricked it trying the 2.0 firmware update. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back