GP2X Question To Those With Devboards

Website
www.digitalawakening.net
From what I've heard you can't have 1 image on the screen and 1 image on a TV at the same time, correct? Is it possible to turn the TV image on and off while the TV is plugged in?

I just had this idea where you pass the GP2X to the active player but because the others shouldn't see what he does the TV image is turned off. But when he is done the TV image is turned on and the other player(s) can see the result.

The dev boards have TV Encoders on them, but there's no way to connect them up. So we don't know how the TV-Out function will behave.

Another thing that will be revealed sometime in the (near) future :)

Robster posted on Oct 25 2005 at 12:44 AM said:
The dev boards have TV Encoders on them, but there's no way to connect them up. So we don't know how the TV-Out function will behave.

Another thing that will be revealed sometime in the (near) future :)

Aren't there lines from the encoder to the multi out? If so it would just be a case of putting them on the scope to see what is a video signal. It is outputting s-video so there are just chroma and luma signals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that before TV output is enabled, you have to configure the video encoder chip, and the only program that does that is mplayer, and that uses a linux device driver that does not yet exist in the current kernel.

So we need to figure out how to work the video encoder, and then search for the outputs. I'm sure people would rather us work on apps and emu's instead.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Would have been nice to know now since I had a cool idea for a game but it's not like the game is based on this anyway.

The optimal situation would be if a cuntinous image could be shown on the TV while the GP2X screen was updated and vice versa.

Digital Awakening posted on Oct 25 2005 at 03:36 AM said:
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Would have been nice to know now since I had a cool idea for a game but it's not like the game is based on this anyway.

The optimal situation would be if a cuntinous image could be shown on the TV while the GP2X screen was updated and vice versa.

He's not saying they can't both be going at the same time; he's saying that we don't know how to access TV out on the devboard yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but nobody knows how it will work and some have speculated that you can't have separate images on TV and screen. Of course it would be exelent if you could use both independently at the same time. But then you would have to update them independently anyway. But for me it's enough if I could select the output within my code and just switch.

Back