Questions About Sdcards

I hope I didn't miss a topic while posting this but I looked around for awhile before posting. I'm curious about SDcards. I currently know a bit about digital photography and know that a higher end cards like Sandisk extremeIII are better for photography since the photos write to the card faster. My question is this;

Is it better to get a card like the extremeIII or just get a standard SDcard of a main brand like sandisk? Does it make a huge diffrence when loading emulators and such?

Standards perform very well. IMO there are almost no loading times in all stuff I've tried so I think you'll be okay anyway. I had no problem with a 80x microSD either.

Loading times are very good regardless of card speed, but get a good brand name for reliability.

I have a Viking 1 gig standard SD card that I got from amazon for 4 quid. Works perfectly, couldn't ask for anything better.

Thank you all for your help. I ended up ordering a patriot 2gb. It is supposed to be here tomorow, the same time as my new gp2x. really looking forward to playing with it as my girlfriend psp is nice but I want the ability to play videos and games on my tv.

Back