Questions

pauljh

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I have searched and can't find the answer to this question so thought I'd ask here.  I'm considering my first Pandora 1ghz purchase (I had a gpx a while ago, plus various other "retro" emulation consoles (none particularly very good),  Still have my original Megadrive 50/60hz switched.

Anyway my main question is does the pandora support one (or more?) additional controllers?, for two player games? or for plugging in a N64 style USB Controller?

Regards

Hi !

Yes.

You can connect USB or bluetooth controllers, and Picodrive and some other emulators supports it.

You can but it is entirely up to the program as to whether it supports remapping the controls or not. Many do, many don't. I haven't tried external controllers on very many to give even a rough estimate as to which would or would not. N64 does, I know that.

slightly off topic but on a related note; i've seen usb adapters for original NES, SNES and Megadrive/Genesis Controllers, using one of these would i be able to make use of my old arcade sticks for games like Street Fighter II via the Pandora's USB port? Furthermore many of these adapters support connection multiple pads (normally at least 2) so does this mean both players could use an original controller (afaik the OFFICIAL SNES controllers are immortal they just dont wear out)?   Does this open up the possibility of multiplayer more for games like bomberman and micromachines, with P1 using the Pandora as control and P2 & P3 using original control pads (+TV-out cable this sounds like a lot of fun!). 

Another thought occurs, the megadrive/genesis used the standard 9-pin configuration for its controllers this was used for many systems (amiga, atari2600, C64 etc.) so could i use yet more of my old joystcks to enhance my emulation experience?

Also i seem to remember there was a PND that enabled you to use a wii-mote as a controller for different PNDs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back