* 2 Players
* Great compatibility
* MMU technique for playing games larger than the DC's RAM
* High quality sound playback
* Optional bilinear filtering
* Easy to use menu system with music
* Disc swap with your ROMdiscs
* Options to over- or underclock the 68K & Z80 CPUs
* Free frameskip settings: Auto, 0 (off) - 5 (very fast)
* Options to deactivate or sync sound playback

(Button config is not yet available unless the game offers it, the C+Z buttons of the Arcade Stick are not recognized in the current Alpha version)

"All games that are larger than 25 MByte won't run 100% perfectly playable until the needed prefetch information is available!"

Which is almost every single game in the library, so what % are they playable? 30? 40? 90? It doesn't say. How are you going to play King of fighters 2000 that is 700mb when it constantly has to load into the dreamcast ram because it doesn't have 700mb of ram. All the moves for each characters and the like. I can't see how 90% of the MVS and AES games would be very playable, especially the good games like Fatal fury series, KOF series and Metal Slug series.

I'd still say your best bet is the Neo Geo CD format.

There are allot of first generation Neo Geo games that are 25mbs, and under. Cd is the best bet, but the coolness factor that it can even do some aes is worth looking into. How well is the gp2x doing Neo Geo? I seen like a couple days back that it can actually play some mvs/aes games now.

EvilDragon had it up on the front page a couple days back with some Neo Geo screenshots. It was a M.A.M.E emulator but it played some Neo Geo mvs games. I have no gp2x to test so I dont know how well the Neo Geo games actually played out.

Are you sure King of Fighters 2000 is 700MB and not 700Megabits? I just downloaded it and it's only 37.8MB (albeit zipped, but I doubt it's going to be 20 times smaller when compressed). I'm sure somebody made this mistake before, possibly even you.

Edit: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...85&#entry255385

Oh my god, it really was you. You're a total idiot, and I gave you far too much credit by originally being polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back