Rage2x Question

project86

I installed GNgeo and Rage2X, and some roms, and haven't had an issue... I don't understand why so many people have. But anyways, here is my question:

When in rage2X, I select my game by hitting the "A" button. This takes me to another screen, where it asks if I want to use the global setting, or the individual setting for that game. Is there any way to adjust those setting from within the menu (similar to DRmd)? Or would I need to create each individual .CF file for each game?

My issue is that when I run GNgeo without the rage2x frontend, it will let me run with sound at 266mhz. But my GP won't quite clock that high, so it ends up crashing after a few minutes. Also I understand that you still need to use the frontend to get good TV out?

Using Rage2X,
You can also set your Global setting by pushing select at your main menu. Highlite the CPU speed and use your directional pad moving left to right to adjust the CPU speed. When you have it set where you need it, work down to the "save all setting." With it highlited push the "A: button. This will save your settings. The red letters should turn green. Now you do not have to make a .cf file if you do not want to. If everything runs fine on your new Global setting.

Thanks to both of you! Now I have it set to run most games at 250 with sound, and have a few special games set differently for different reasons. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out myself...

EDIT -- When using Rage2X, I see some garbled screen instead of the uniBIOS screen when starting a game. I also can't pause my games (very important to me) or access the unibios cheats (less important). Is that normal for RAGE or did I mess something up in the settings? I can't remember if it did that before or not.

It acts the same with me. I have one game that I have to use gngeo2x instead of rage2x to boot. It will not play and gives a message, "not to be played except on Neo Geo hardware." That game is Pulstar.

project86 posted on Jul 23 2006 at 02:33 AM said:
Thanks to both of you! Now I have it set to run most games at 250 with sound, and have a few special games set differently for different reasons. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out myself...

EDIT -- When using Rage2X, I see some garbled screen instead of the uniBIOS screen when starting a game. I also can't pause my games (very important to me) or access the unibios cheats (less important). Is that normal for RAGE or did I mess something up in the settings? I can't remember if it did that before or not.
In rage2x, change the system setting to "unibios" instead of "arcade".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back