Release Raptor: Call of the Shadows

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Hi following the Pandora release, finally i could release Raptor: Call of the Shadows on Pyra.
Download here on the repo

shot02.png

The game is a vertically scrolling shooter developed by Cygnus Studios (now Mountain King Studios) and published by Apogee Software in 1994 for DOS platform.
The same as the Pandora version this game is using the same source code (that is not open source but Scott Host generously gave to me for this port) and is a full version, with the full game datas, as Scott also gave me a permission to use and distribute, BUT ONLY for this port.
Big Thanks to him and @gbudny for contacting me.

PLEASE: DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THE ORIGINAL GAME DATAS WITHOUT PERMISSION.

He is also working on a modernized version of the game called Raptor Remixed.
Check at https://www.mking.com/RaptorRemixed.html

Controls:
DPAD : movements
B : fire
X : fire special weapon
Y : MegaBomb
A : change special weapons

p : pause on/off
Esc : exit

d : press in menu to show demo mode
F1 : Help screen

Pyra port use the latest SDL1.2compat (1.2.69) to run in fullscreen, and also have the same fixes as the Pandora so no more cursor visible on intro and during game, also i have adapted the buttons.
This port came a bit later also because i have encountered a bug with the audio part that on Pandora was running fine, but on Pyra Segfault when executed with SDLcompat (instead was running fine but in 320x200 with standard SDL1.2). After some thinkering i have found a way to fix it.

For those curious and don't have the two handheld i made a little video...

Enjoy

Last edited:
I tested and I found that on the mission menu I cannot see the options. They appear for a fraction of time on the bottom of the screen when I move up and down.

I remark this is on the mission menu, not in the main menu.

Otherwise it seems to work fine, thanks for the port.

Sorry it was my fault. After you create the pilot and choose difficulty, the next screen is a picture of the hangar.

I'm not familiar with the game and it turns out the different options are the places in the hangar you choose with the mouse cursor.

Back