rBoy ex

Halcyon

I just downloaded the new Virtual boy emulator. I must say it is by far the best one for the Pandora that I know of. The major problem is that the pandora is not powerful enough to really play the games or the emulator is not fully optimized. Not really sure but Great work on it so far I really like it!!!

I had an issue getting my roms to play in the emulator and made a little discovery about how the emulator wants the games to look.

So firstly as stated by the author the games have to be .zip

So

Galactic_Pinball_(JU)_[!].vb

Must be

Galactic_Pinball_(JU)_[!].vb.zip

Unfortuantly the emulator will not play the game just yet. I looked at all the examples in the folder of homebrew games and they didnt have any "special" characters so I thought ok what the heck let me try to rename these files and see how it goes. So using the Galactic Pinball example i renamed the file.

Galactic.Pinball.vb.zip

notice that im using a . as my space and got rid of those brackets and ! The file then played just fine. Well except for the poor emulation speed :p

so if you are having problems getting the games to work just remove anything other then the basics of the title and it should work out. Also it doesn't like ' so get rid of those too.

Once again great new emulator would love to get some more speed out of the baby but it might not be possible.

Yes, reality boy is based on allegro and the performance is very poor.

I did a port myself, but didn't release it to public or just a preliminary pnd as it was basically unplayable.

Yeah mcobit, you made it for me basically. I was all wee weeed up about playing some Virtual boy again and you helped me out. I still have that emulator. RedDragon.

Thx again for your help back then. This emulator is a bit better but still not moving fast enough to really play much with.

I hope it doesn't sound like i'm complaining necessarily, I want to be helpful but just don't know anything about programing.

Did you try Mednafen ? Don't know if it's better.

http://apps.openpand...mednafen_r1.inf

I tried Mednafen as well as rBoy ex, and Mednafen is faster and has sound. It still wasn't full speed on Wario Land, but it was much better.

Mednafen's VB emulation could probably be made full speed if someone optimized it for Pandora. I guess no one has touched it in a long time since it's not even on the repo. :(

Edit: Actually, mednafen is on the repo. Also, here is the original thread discussing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back