Re-initiallising My Gp2x

starbase1

Still Fresh
Website
www.starbase1.co.uk
My GP2X is not booting up properly. Can someone please point me at the most up-to-date instructions for blasting in the OS or firmware or whatever?

Many thanks,
Nick

starbase1 said:
My GP2X is not booting up properly. Can someone please point me at the most up-to-date instructions for blasting in the OS or firmware or whatever?
depends how far it gets...

Last edited by a moderator:
sukhigp said:
The latest update for firmware is 4.0 which is in the gp2x f-200.
Can I use that in my older, (black) model?

Squidge said:
starbase1 said:
depends how far it gets...

Well, it starts out OK, but does not get past the splash screen.

I put it to one side some months ago, but decided to try and get everything working ready for a holiday.

So basically I am lookming for idiot proof instructions on re-initialising everything possible... And I speak as a highly accomplished idiot!
:lol:

Splash screen is good. That usually means you don't need JTAG tools. You should be able to just put the firmware files on a SD card, switch on and bingo. You might need to hold down start+select whilst turning the power on depending on which firmware version you were using last.

If you have an F100, I'd download firmware 2.0.0 from the file archive and use that (remembering to unpack it first of course). If that works, you can then attempt to upgrade to 2.1.0 if you wish. I wouldn't go any further than 2.1.1 though.

Squidge said:
Splash screen is good. That usually means you don't need JTAG tools. You should be able to just put the firmware files on a SD card, switch on and bingo. You might need to hold down start+select whilst turning the power on depending on which firmware version you were using last.

If you have an F100, I'd download firmware 2.0.0 from the file archive and use that (remembering to unpack it first of course). If that works, you can then attempt to upgrade to 2.1.0 if you wish. I wouldn't go any further than 2.1.1 though.
Thanks, that should cover it, I'll give it a go!
Nick

Back