Re-pre_order E,mails Going Out

TaG

Fau-fau-faulty software.
Website
Visit site
I have today received my email:QUOTE
Hi,

We are unable, at this time, to accept re-orders via credit/debit cards. We we're briefly taking CC and Debit card orders but we have now had to stop after reaching our account limit.

The re-payment options available are:

1. Bank Transfer directly or using an online service such as www.tranzfers.com - please use your original order number as the reference on the transfer.

Bank Details:

OpenPandora Ltd.
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 7LP
UK

bic/swift is BARCGB22

IBAN IS GB33BARC20238183525767

Sort Code: 20 23 81
Acc. No. 83525767

Bank address is:
BARCLAYS BANK
9 STATION ROAD
ASHINGTON
NORTHUMBERLAND
NE63 9XB

Confirmation via email with be sent as soon as your transfer credits our account and it will be matched to your original order.

2. Cheque/Money Order -

To be made payable to: Openpandora Limited

Postal address:

Openpandora Ltd
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 7LP
UK

Please include a brief note with your original order number.

Confirmation via email will be sent when we receive your cheque and it will be matched to your original order.

Please reply to this email to let us know if you wish to re-order and the payment method.

Thanks

Debs

Wouldn't sending a check be the cheapest solution?

I got mine several days ago. :)

(also it might be good for you to remove the various numbers from your post, else someone could steal your place in line)

so no info
on the amount,
im near sure i got the lot back

im in the uk, so i shouldve got a full refund unless bank charges etc

btw, i would delete this topic

it was said they want a personal response and for no-one to go ahead until theyre emailed

emcp said:
it was said they want a personal response and for no-one to go ahead until theyre emailed
That's new to me. They ask for payments by other means than CC since the original re-funding happened. The faster the money is there, the faster mass production can start.
You must have misunderstood something, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the US have luck with a Money Order or Check/Cheque? Seems USPS Money Orders aren't accepted there according to the site, so I will have to check with my bank what options I have within the next week or so.

Got mine just now too. Just waiting on the final finished Pandora and will make up my mind fully then.

Im just worried as I never got a refund email although I got the refunded money. I also never got the reorder email last time (the credit card thing) and hope I actually get it this time.

atomicthumbs said:
I got mine several days ago. :)

(also it might be good for you to remove the various numbers from your post, else someone could steal your place in line)
Gee, well thanks for sharing the information with us. ;)
As mali has said, the references are, as far as I can see, not specific to me.

emcp said:
so no info
on the amount,
im near sure i got the lot back

im in the uk, so i shouldve got a full refund unless bank charges etc

btw, i would delete this topic

I have posted this here and on the blog so that anyone that cares to read it can see that the process has started and see the contents. This is in light of people saying they haven't received emails in the past and covers both main information sources. There is no info on the amount as I had all the detail in my original order confirmation email.

cherrycyanide said:
Is it true that when you re-order you only have to pay the amount you were refunded?
Look at the quote in my sig, especially this part:

Those who have been refunded and cannot reorder now will still be able to purchase a Pandora later at the exact amount they were originally refunded

That applies to people who re-order now, too.

I emailed them first just to double check what they needed from me and sent my check in this morning. (thankfully I had the foresight to include all the info in that email.) They said nothing to me about waiting for an official email even though I specifically stated that my intention was to send ou the payment as soon as I got confirmation from them on their info.

and Yes, you send them exactly the ammount you were refunded so you're not paying extra.

mali said:
cherrycyanide said:
Is it true that when you re-order you only have to pay the amount you were refunded?
Look at the quote in my sig, especially this part:

Those who have been refunded and cannot reorder now will still be able to purchase a Pandora later at the exact amount they were originally refunded

That applies to people who re-order now, too.

That you!
I think I will re-order after all. :D

I'm not using bank transfer, and I'm not sending a check overseas.

When I can re-order via CC/debit then I'll do so.

Until then, my money will wait in my account. Maybe by then a prototype Pandora will be finished as well.

It's sad when 'Pandora's Love Slave' says he's not buying yet.

Prophet, I specifically remembered two of your posts from the original pre-order because for you it was an unusual tone:
Prophet said:
Money all ponied up, now it's up to Craig and Co. to make good on all the promises. Don't fail us!
Prophet said:
Well now that money is on the line, I'm officially off cheerleader mode and into wary consumer mode. If they deliver on their promises, then all is well.
Now whilst I was trying to find those quotes, I came across these:
Prophet said:
There are two valid sides here, and both deserve respect.

1) People have paid for something and have yet to even see a single completely assembled prototype. That will make people worry, and that's completely understandable.

2) The dev team is dealing with all sorts of logistics and problems. They're trying their best, and in some cases just don't have control of certain aspects of the process. That too is understandable.
Prophet said:
A completely assembled and working Pandora is a very important milestone for all of us, and it can't happen soon enough.
Well of course they did fail (regardless of blame); they did not deliver, all is not well; we still haven't seen the fully assembled prototype and we don't know for sure if they have resolved all the logistics / problems; the assembled and working Pandora didn't happen 'soon' or even yet.

It saddens me when people that were so positive at one point are now unhappy. It saddens me that things we all believed were going to happen months ago haven't.

The bit that really saddens me is that a lot of people that pre-ordered now might wait or not bother at all, all of which damages the project, the community, and the potential for this machine. I really hope and want to believe that this will all work out fine. But it's also why I haven't yet transfered my funds and I want to see "more" before I do. I wonder how many people are waiting too?

TaG said:
I really hope and want to believe that this will all work out fine. But it's also why I haven't yet transfered my funds and I want to see "more" before I do. I wonder how many people are waiting too?
More than are posting here I'd imagine. I notice there's no cutoff date for a response in the email, so I'm also pretty sure a lot of people will read it and not reply until they see something concrete here.
Something that niggles at the moment though is the CE/FCC approval process; it doesn't seem to have been factored in to the most recent timeline, and even assuming both happen simultaneously that could add 3 weeks or more before it's sale is legal. If this is only realised at the last moment it could seem like another bad news blooper.

Asmo said:
TaG said:
I really hope and want to believe that this will all work out fine. But it's also why I haven't yet transfered my funds and I want to see "more" before I do. I wonder how many people are waiting too?
More than are posting here I'd imagine. I notice there's no cutoff date for a response in the email, so I'm also pretty sure a lot of people will read it and not reply until they see something concrete here.
Something that niggles at the moment though is the CE/FCC approval process; it doesn't seem to have been factored in to the most recent timeline, and even assuming both happen simultaneously that could add 3 weeks or more before it's sale is legal. If this is only realised at the last moment it could seem like another bad news blooper.
I would find it hard for them not to take into account CE/FCC approval on their timeline(s), it's a very oblivious step before releasing any complex electronic product.

maybe they just did factor it in, but didn't mention it in the timeline details?

Evildragon posted that when the assembled CNC cases arrive, one of them would be used for CE/FCC cert.
So that would be underway whilst case manufacture, board assembly, and final assembly were being done.
Watch for the assembled CNC Pandora, that will start the clock on CE/FCC approval.

Back