Realistic Mockup: "Pandora 2, by Two Months INC"

Are you happy with the specs?

• Total voters

Yes, it was. I don't really care about that, though, If L4D2 can run, so can TF2.

Razer, Y U no release Razer Switchblade.
Wasnt that thing atom based?

>Why are you all derailing this thread anyway?
It's P2Spam. It seems a bit hard to de-rail a thread with no official purpose. After all, "spam" is in the name.
left4dead/2 needs amd e-350 class -at a minimum- with low settings/reso to maintain 30fps, the e-350 is a 18W part, the closest in performance yet lowest power would be the upcoming amd a6-1450 which is sub 9W part.

Looks excellent to me. Love the HDMI out port. Makes it a lot easier to hook this baby up to an external video source. I assume that this will run all previous Pandora programs? The bigger screen is nice, but let's not make it too big. Portability is one feature I love about the present Pandora's.  The bigger NAND is a nice touch also. I would buy one if it every came out....

I literally signed up to this forum to comment on this thread! 

I personally don't own a Pandora, But HELL would i like too! My only draw back is the aforementioned fact of the Nvidia shield! I'm loving the full QWERTY keyboard and super extended battery life of the Pandora, the shield just offers more in the way of emulation power and possible future expansions into things such as the PSP emulator and even the Dolphin emulator for gamecube! 

I would seriously give both my legs for a device similar to what you've mocked up! It offers the best of every world! The ideas from the Pandora with the ability to compete with Shield all whilst remaining portable! 

"But why not just buy the shield then" or "just buy the new ICP2 for your phone" I hear you say. I find the main problems with each console to be this:

- the Shield - 

• Theoretically tiny battery life compared to the Pandora
  • Ugly, UGLY ass design! especially for a PORTABLE device!
  • MAJOR lack of keyboard (I'm a writer and would love to have a portable office basically)
- the ICP2 -

• The fact the controller and the device it's attached too both has to individually charged.
  • I liked the clamshell design too much and this literally removes that completely.
- the Pandora -

• the reletively low power of this device compared to what is currently out. (my phone can run the N64 emulator perfectly compared)
  • the touch screen and screen in general is just a SLIGHT draw back but it still makes me long for a copasitive over it's current!

Like I've said, I don't have a problem with the current pandora per say! I just think the expressed version or the possible Pandora 2 would be a MUCH needed upgrade and something i would be willing to kickstart bigtime! The P2 for me would put every other device to bed and would quite literally reign as the best handheld available, that or Razer actually come back with the switchblade and stop toying around with the Blade which is just another gaming laptop which there are already too many of!

TL;DR: MAKE THIS NOW!! Hell I'd even chip in I want this thing so much!

(just to clarify on my rant for power! I love my PSP games a little more than usual as monster hunter is my favourite game. which is why I'm a little shaky about getting the normal Pandora! I believe something with much more power coming from it could bring the PSP emulator to life and also bring some much needed emulators to the Pandora! Including things such as the DS and GC!)

Hmmmm.... two legs...what else do you have?   :D

Edit 1:  Very nice to see the enthusiasm anyway - well met, Yahcob.  

Edit 2:  Great first post...and you can't go wrong with this current device (IMO).  The 1GHz Pandora is stable and can overclock better than I thought was possible...and like you alluded to - there are no real alternatives.  I can't be taken seriously lugging around an Invidia Shield... the iCP2 is supposed to be the foundation of the next generation of the Pandora, but I'm not even going to delve into the problems inherent there.  I knew that I needed to move on this device because this is as good as the current PCB can support and I've always loved the project.  Sometimes you just have to make that leap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahcob - if it helps at all, maybe you should define your needs and wonder if you can do what you want with your current portable electronic set.  Maybe you can.  You'll save yourself a few hundred dollars.  If you can't or you just have some sort of disposable income, then why not look into the Pandora?  It's full of possibilities. 

Hello! thanks for the response!

I do see what you're saying about using what I already have for example. This was something I initially tried to do, I owned a netbook for my writing and blogging and so forth, a PSP for my game needs. I found however that finding time to type on my laptop was harder than you think as you need somewhere decent to sit and type and the amount i type (whoa baby) I'll be sat there for a while! XD So i usually ended up falling on my psp which in turn got very little productivity out of it as you can imagine (what with it being a gaming device solely). That coupled with the fact the PSP's battery is actually GOD AWFUL! It barely lasts 4 hours at best and that's led me to carry around spare batteries and ... etc ... it all leads to me carrying around of unnecessary clutter.

I may have also failed to mention i do travel a lot as I attend conventions a lot and travel around quite a lot to do with my job (PC maintenance) So ... Although i own a pretty hefty main PC I hardly get to use it or game on it. The Pandora was that device which kind of filled all the gaps for me and offered a solid usability with a SOLID battery which pleased me greatly! But like I've mentioned before about my fears with the device. The proposed device just looks and sounds EXACTLY what i need! I mean HELL when i heard about the Razer Switchblade 2 years ago i was buzzing with extreme excitement thinking they'd release the exact product I'd been waiting for! But alas it wasn't to be and I'm still sat here trying to type clumsily on a local bus XD

Also just to add: my net book wasn't anywhere near powerful enough to run any emulators bar the GBC and backwards ... It was awful XD and not desirable to emulate on anyway!

Back