Rebirth competition forum section

Would probably be useful to get more attention to the projects, voting(given it will happen in a board-poll) results, prizes, donations and stuff, so yeah, good idea.

I would imagine that it hasn't been done either because;

1: ED and Craig are busy. (I'd imagine that this is the most likely explanation! :lol: )

Or...

2: Because something Rebirth-specific perhaps might be a little too specific for a one-time event, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure it's 1, anyway. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine that it hasn't been done either because;

1: ED and Craig are busy. (I'd imagine that this is the most likely explanation! :lol: )

Or...

2: Because something Rebirth-specific perhaps might be a little too specific for a one-time event, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure it's 1, anyway. :p

Regarding 2), wouldn't it be possible to archive the section a while after the compo ended? I remember 'Archive' sections being used by other forums.

^ I honestly don't know. I'm pretty sure that that's something that an administrator would have to set up. :p

^ Now we'll never know what you said! :blink:

Maybe he only said -removed- :rolleyes:

---random_thought_alert---

Has anyone thought that the whole rebirth compo might be the run-up to a massive April fools prank?

it takes 10 seconds (or less) to setup a small forum and at least 10 seconds to archive / merge with another board.

Would just be a more unified approach, giving us more idea where stuff is that we need to judge.

Has anyone thought that the whole rebirth compo might be the run-up to a massive April fools prank?
No, the April Fool's joke will be:

Sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances, we unfortunately have to cancel the Rebirth competition.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!
Of course, though, now that we're expecting it, it won't happen. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the April Fool's joke will be:

Sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances, we unfortunately have to cancel the Rebirth competition.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!
Of course, though, now that we're expecting it, it won't happen. :p

The April Fools Joke has been moved to June sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please leave your prank, joke, and horseplay after the tone.....BEEP!

A dedicated contests forum probably wouldn't hurt. Sticky the current contest rules and voting, entrants create a thread for feedback, when the contest is over (or a reasonable time after) all threads are locked and unstickied, awaiting the next contest.

Whoever locks and unstickies everything should make one final post to the ex-stickied threads so they remain above all the entries as a kind of separator: "everything below this post is Contest X", etc...

A dedicated contests forum probably wouldn't hurt. Sticky the current contest rules and voting, entrants create a thread for feedback, when the contest is over (or a reasonable time after) all threads are locked and unstickied, awaiting the next contest.

Whoever locks and unstickies everything should make one final post to the ex-stickied threads so they remain above all the entries as a kind of separator: "everything below this post is Contest X", etc...
Or we could do that, but have a sub-forum within the section labelled "Archived Contest Entries", or similar. :p

Back