Reboot while charging

ora

Still Fresh
Hi

I have a problem with my Pandoras.

Every time I charge them I can't shut them off.

I plug in the power adapter , turn them off and when I put them down on the table they boot up again. I can't stop it.

Is this a setting somewhere ?

I noticed a thread saying that a battery moving around could cause the system to boot up on its own , but it doesn't seem to do that unless it's charging.

Any advice ?

It is intended by design, you can't shut down the Pandora during charging. It also turns the Pandora on when you plug in the charger. The Pandora has to be on to charge so it can't turn off until you remove the charger.

However, you can set the Pandora into low Power mode, charges faster. ^^

Hi

I have a problem with my Pandoras.

Every time I charge them I can't shut them off.

I plug in the power adapter , turn them off and when I put them down on the table they boot up again. I can't stop it.

Is this a setting somewhere ?

I noticed a thread saying that a battery moving around could cause the system to boot up on its own , but it doesn't seem to do that unless it's charging.

Any advice ?
The charge is controlled by the cpu, so if you plug the charger while off, or if you reboot with the AC adapter, the Pandora goes/stays on. ^_^

Just to clarify and give a friendly response.

So this odd power up behaviour is typical of all arm based devices. for example If you have a modern phone, when it's off and you plug in the charger, you may notice the screen comes on for a short bit maybe shows a battery symbol. this is in fact powering up the hardware and booting into a minimal power mode to allow the the battery to charge properly. It's just the Pandora lacks the software to know to boot into this mode on power up.. It may be a future feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
in other words, while all you other devices power on the screen and use up battery life for no reason but to slow down the charging process, the pandora can go into low power mode during charging, shutting off the screen, wifi, and other useless things

Back