Recieved The Bob Cradle Today. It Looks Nice

invinciblegod

I obtained my gp2x cradle today through USPS priority. After spending some time with it, I have discovered a few things:

-my saturn/dc/ps usb adapter doesnt work with it

-my x360 pad doesnt work with it

-requires a 5v ac adapter for me to run it

-not anything to do with the cradle but i also discovered that gmenu2x doesnt work with tv out

-if i plug just my mk1 gp2x in, it will have a messed up screen as if it doesnt have enough battery power

-my usb internet stick doesnt work

-it is near impossible to dock with it when my rubber slot protector thing was connected. I had to remove it

-my usb hard drive works.

so in conclusion, based on how many things I could get to work with it, i rate it 1/6. Of course I'm at work right now so i will have to go back and test more stuff later. Based on potential when I ask my parents to mail me my winman rumblepad I bought all those years ago, I will say I can finally have multiplayer support.

Interesting. We cant say we didn't see something like this coming, though...

Definitely post results after more testing. Am I right in saying you're the only member here with first hand experience as of yet?

invinciblegod said:
-requires a 5v ac adapter for me to run it

-not anything to do with the cradle but i also discovered that gmenu2x doesnt work with tv out

-my usb internet stick doesnt work
The USB network adaptor will need drivers installing before it will work & yours is a MK1 unit, which will need the 5v adaptor to work as it doesn't supply enough voltage from the unit itself.
You don't need the adaptor for MK2 units, unless your running some power hungry USB devices from it.

I'm surprised that the tv-out won't work for gmenu2x though :(

p.s. Nice to know that your USB hard drive works ok. Maybe a compatibility list should be added to the wiki for the supported hardware & software now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these things are probably just linux driver issues (GP2X linux doesn't come with any wifi drivers, for example).

woogal said:
I've used a saturn/dc/ps usb adapter without any problems. You do realise that only certain apps support usb controllers don't you?
Your right! Picodrive works with it! Must have done something wrong the first time. I can now use the best gaming pad ever made, the playstation! (Just kidding. Saturn has the d pad to rule them all) Oh and I'm using the old stable version of gmenu2x. I usually dont like working with test builds too much. Guess its time to upgrade.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
invinciblegod said:
I can now use the best gaming pad ever made, the playstation! (Just kidding. Saturn has the d pad to rule them all)..
Way to start a new flamewar dude ;)

Why? The PSX pad is the best ever made (although I tried a wired x360 and it was heaven)

On topic, I think the latest "beta" of gmenu2x works just fine.

For some reason I have to use Picodrive in USB to enable the USB pads to start working.

"Internet stick"?? I guess we assume wifi, but it could be a wired LAN dongle or Bluetooth, or anything really.

If there are ARM compatible Linux drivers and you can compile and install them you should get them working.

Pickle said:
My favorite is the C64 joystick. One stick, One button, and lots of nice plastic clicking noises.
agreed. The Arcade joystick. Never got better after that stick.

kevcal said:
The zipstick was the best if you must know. :)
Sheer class..
Zipstick_super_pro.jpg

:)

Back