Recommend Me Some Music

Draken

Website
Visit site
Alright, I've pretty much listened every decent metal album to death so I'd like something different.

Recently I've been getting quite into ambient music (I'm talking about Klaus Schulze, Burzum's ambient albums, ...). Thanks to some mate I've also been listening to certain hardcore (Angerfist)...

So, I'd appreciate it if you could recommend me some music in those genres (ambient, techno, hardcore, jazz, classical) that you yourself really like or something.

Thanks

Tranceparents - The family album

Scooter - Various tracks (esp, I need you on the floor, Weekend, Logical song and F*ck the millenium)

Diddy - Give me love (tony de-vit mix)

Fat controller - In complete darkness

4 voice - Eternal spirit

Origin unknown - Valley of the shadows

SEB - Rainbow islands

Trooper

Bloody hell, that's a blast from the past! I've got a copy of Rainbow Islands on vinyl from about 8 years ago! It has to feature the most out of tune vocals ever EVER!

If you can find it anywhere, try to download Mikado - Feel the Bass. Although we're going back to the mid-nineties with that one.

Good Hardcore bands:

Go it Alone
Justice
Mental (especially the planet mental LP)
Righteous Jams
The first Step
Judge
Youth of Today
Lights out
Cut the shit
Limp Wrist
Chain of Strength
Good Clean Fun (yay, positively positive!)

If you like metal, check out some good metalcore bands:
Evergreen Terrace
Earth Crisis
Converge
Chokehold (actually moshcore but still)

Don`t listen to shit like hatebreed and terror. There are way better bands in hardcore than those toughguy wannabe idiot. Also don`t listen to Burzum either, it doesn`t matter if it`s ambiemt, it`s still produced by a notorious neo-nazi... count krishnak.

Varg Vikernes (count krischnack) isn't a neonazi, he refers himself as an odalist. Even so, shouldn't I listen to Wagner because of his political views? I could care less of their opinions, as long as the music is good. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions though, already looking/listening to most of them.

You are welcome for the suggestions. Also, Wagner is dead, Krishnack isn`t and if you read a biography about him, maybe you will think differently.

Anyway, if you need more suggestions on Hardcore, ask me, I am a hardcore kid as long as I can think. I am also big into punkrock but HC is what makes my heart beat... I was straight edge for 2 1/2 years, too. Glad that time is over ;-)... didn`t think it was necessary to hold up ideals of abstinence in a world where you can be glad that you have something to eat. So I dropped the edge. Also because of a girl... damnit.

I tried breaking away from black metal a couple of months ago (still listen to it a hell of a lot, but have a bit of a variation now :p). I spent a whole weekend searching the internet for something more ambient, yet heavy. I came across several bands which are actually from the same town as me and I love em :D

A couple of the bands are:
65daysofstatic - if you can find it, download The fall of math (I may have a link to this, but the torrent is probably dead now).
Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies - I managed to pick up the last copy of one of their albums, from a local record store. I love it.
Peace burial at sea - I'm currently on the lookout for there album called This Is Such a Quiet Town. From what I have heard so far, I really like them.

It's abit emo, but you could also give some post-hardcore stuff a try (if you haven't already). I'm currently loving At the Drive In.

Machinae Supremacy: Best SidMetal band ever. I'm serious. And they've released a godawfully large amount of thier songs for free on thier webpage too. I highly reccomend March of the undead pt.2, follower, and every other song, basicly. :lol:

Boston: Retro Rock at it's best.

Midnight Oil: Enviromentalist australian rock band from the 80's and 90's. Best album, imho, was Blue sky mining, but Diesle and Dust is also quite good.

Newgrounds.com music archive, Techno: As wierd as it seems, this place actually has some of the best short techno tracks i have ever heard. Quite good, and completely free.

Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Rhapsody: The Holy Trinity of Symphonic Metal. I'm going to assume you've already heard them, since you say you've listened to every decent metal album, but if you haven't, Hammerfall and Stratovarius are close to being sheer perfection in the genre. :eek:

Anything by Ferry Corsten, also look for Armin van Buren's "State of Trance" radio shows (you can find torrents online, and probably they're on USENET too as MP3 rips.) If you can listen to Radio1 live or online late at night, you'll always find something good. Ferry Corsten and AvB end up on there a lot too.

Then there's game soundtracks, which I listen to a lot. Some good ones are from shooters like Psyvariar 2, Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2 .. if you can find them. :) I'll try and upload some for you and you can see what you think (I'll edit this post or put up a new reply once I do.)

Machinae Supremacy: Best SidMetal band ever. I'm serious. And they've released a godawfully large amount of thier songs for free on thier webpage too. I highly reccomend March of the undead pt.2, follower, and every other song, basicly.
Seconded. Especially listen to Player One, Through the Looking Glass, and Ghost. Also get the Jets'n'guns soundtrack and check out Flight of the Toyota and Shop Music. Both extremely awesome.

Also any group that releases their songs, and releases them as *OGG* gets major respect from me..

Anything by Ray Lamontagne or Ryan Adams or Tim Buckley. Tom Mcrae's first CD was good.

I listen to a bit of ambient electronica. Give aphex twin and Boards of Canada a whirl, they're great. Sigur Ros are good too, slightly different though, more instumental than electronic.

To conclude:

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works, Richard D James
BoC - Campfire Headphase, Music has the rights to children
Sigur Ros - Takk

Downloaded the Aphex Twins selected ambient works before, 't was also recommended to me by a mate.

Some good old-fashioned electronic mixtapes should hit the spot. Here's an hour to get you started:
That surely hit the spot! Downloaded the other ones too, thanks. :D

GG Allin.
Very cool voice but lost it at the part where he used his own shit as a kind of bodygel.

Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Rhapsody
Of course. :D

Machinae Supremacy is pretty cool, downloaded their instrumental tracks, I don't quite fancy the singer's voice...

Oh, thanks Epicenter.

OMars posted on Sep 23 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
Everything that Daft Punk does... :blink:
LCD Soundsystem
The Blow
Metric

in that case!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back