Recovering A Bricked F200 Fw4.0.2?

Gunsmoke1084

Still Fresh
Did they put out a new version of GP2Xrecovery yet?

Cuz I still have this $400 worth of plastic crap sitting on my desk and Im done fighting with it. I just want it fixed so I can ebay it and recover some of my money. I tried flashing down to FW 4.0.0 when I received the unit having FW4.0.2 on it and I have not received any help other than Evil Dragon who than managed to brick 2 of his own units in a similar fashion. I have a laptop, this feels like a HUGE waste of money and I dont think I want to be a beta testing guinea pig for Game Park Holdings updates ANYMORE! (not that I have an option since the thing is bricked!!!)

So let me get this strait the untit came with 4.0.2 firmware which is buggy. Also only the newest kind of gp2x comes with 4.0.2 firmware- is that right. And when you try to flash to 4.0.0 the unit is bricked. Does gp2xrecover even appear to work for recovering these units with the cradle. With an f100 I had run gp2xrecovery about 500 before I unbricked my system. Are these f200's confirmed to be different hardware-wise?

Tired of repeating again and again, yes, the new units have new hardware (new display), there are more than one thread about it already.
No, gp2xrecovery doesn't work yet.

The new units need at least FW 4.0.2, as 4.0.0 doesn't work with the new display.
You can upgrade them to 4.1.0 to fix most issues (except for the touchscreen thing, but we're working on a solution).

Back