Red Alert Kinda Game Would Be Awesome

war2k7 said:
I think starcraft was on the n64 too, so if that emulator gets working... good times.

i wish the good old blizz games would work with the pandora:

starcraft
diablo 2
warcraft 3

- my life would be complete if i can play dota online.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made the original Diablo for PSX, you could play that.

C&C lists 486 as a minimum requirement, so probably won`t run on Pandora DOSBox .... you`ll have to wait for OpenRedAlert or something.

Double-Checking they have BOTH Red Alert 1 and 2 for free, legally.

C&C lists 486 as a minimum requirement, so probably won`t run on Pandora DOSBox .... you`ll have to wait for OpenRedAlert or something.

What?

ROMaster2 said:
Double-Checking they have BOTH Red Alert 1 and 2 for free, legally.

What?

i don't think they have red alert 2 for free, since it was release 4-5 years ago(yuri's revenge). i know they have the first one for free, but i loved the second one alot more... so even though its not legal...... yah I'm still considering it, but i just changed my mind 4 seconds before i posted this and wont change my mind again in 2 minutes that i still would need this game and will have it on the pandora. O_O

i really never understood the "we need the sourcecode to port it" thing. isn't it that if you have the game/program you can decompile the source code? which takes some work...

polkunus said:
i really never understood the "we need the sourcecode to port it" thing. isn't it that if you have the game/program you can decompile the source code? which takes some work...
I don't know anything about it myself, but I just believe it much harder than it sounds.

To one example, not involving the Pandora just in General: It would be possible to rip the coding of the Source Engine from the various games it uses (Half-Life 2, CounterStrike: Source, Portal, etc.)

They provide a sample of the Engine for Mods, not the whole thing, you'd have to buy that. It's easier said than done.

ROMaster2 said:
polkunus said:
I don't know anything about it myself, but I just believe it much harder than it sounds.

To one example, not involving the Pandora just in General: It would be possible to rip the coding of the Source Engine from the various games it uses (Half-Life 2, CounterStrike: Source, Portal, etc.)

They provide a sample of the Engine for Mods, not the whole thing, you'd have to buy that. It's easier said than done.

but I've seen black hats do it all the time? is it just a legal issue? dot dot dot

polkunus said:
ROMaster2 said:
polkunus said:

but I've seen black hats do it all the time? is it just a legal issue? dot dot dot

No, "black hats" just break stuff up. Reverse engineering is a very hard and complicated job. Usually not feasible unless it is a real life or death situation.

Rail Mellar said:
There is also Warzone 2100.

If that is possible I'm willing to spend a million dollars on my Pandora.
As it's one of the best RTSes of all time, if not THE best.

Oh, and BTW, a Red Alert kinda game...
Such a game is called an RTS sir.

ati said:
No, "black hats" just break stuff up. Reverse engineering is a very hard and complicated job. Usually not feasible unless it is a real life or death situation.
Give me free Windows, or give me death! ;)
(My point is, reverse engineering is actively done.)

Back