Refesh The Sd Card Data

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
I'm trying to minimise the swapping of my sd card from my gp2x to the pc and I attempted to copy a file from the pc to the gp2x via the usb network - basically opening the network places icon and accessing the gp2x from there.

Even though the file copied, refreshing the folder did not make the file show up and through telnet the file was missing or not found via the ls command.

Swapping the sd card back into the pc and then accessing the card brought up the copied file. :blink:

I'm assuming that this is something to do with locking the card when in the gp2x??

Is there any way of refreshing the data when I copy files to the gp2x via the usb network??

The problem is that the GP2X is caching the contents of the card, so if you modify them externally, it doesn't see the changes.

The cure is to get the GP2X to modify the card instead of the PC. Eg. by using SAMBA, or by unmounting the card before letting the PC hack around with it, and then mounting again afterwards.

With the samba route, you can also go the other way - you can access and run files directly from the pc, bypassing the sd card entirely.

Back